Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They tried to kidnap my baby!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I went to get DD from school and instead of her being outside waiting for me she was still inside. I went to go get her and she was standing with the teacher's aide. I asked what was up and dd said she was confused about where she was supposed to go after school. The teacher's aide then told me 2 little girls (who I do NOT know) tried to tell DD that DD was supposed to ride with them. Creepy little kids. What did they want her for?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM

say what?

how old are these kids?

lovemyairman150
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM
What? Wow. I would want that looked into immediately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Elementary aged but I do not know them.

Quoting mojogirl:

say what?

how old are these kids?

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:46 PM

They were probably just being jerks and messing with her.  Doesn't make it ok.  Thank God your daughter did go with them!  I'd be worried every day if my daughter was at school or not now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I told the teacher's aide that my DD isn't allowed to go with anyone but me, grandma, grandpa, and sitter. I'll talk to the office on Friday.

Quoting lovemyairman150: What? Wow. I would want that looked into immediately.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Use a password that only you, your DD and staff know that means it's OK to go with someone else. For the lack of a better phrase... drill it into them not to share the password that way it doesn't get around. 

Now that mine is a teenager I'll spill the beans. I had a certain family member that thought it was OK for her to pull my DS from school whenever she wanted to without my or my DH's permission. So we decided to do a password that meant that person had permission from us for our DS to go with them. (We just happened to have selected out neighbor's dog's name.) 

Sure enough a few days later that family member showed up saying she had permission to take my DS to the fair. When asked for the password she told them there wasn't one. When they asked again she through a shit fit and gave the wrong password. They told her to leave or they'd have to call the cops. What did she do? Yup, she refused to leave. What sucks for her is... she now has an arrest record.

It sounds like a waste of time but trust me it can and does work.

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

my childrens school has cards that the office gives out and the parents have to sign them out at the beginning of the year. If they don't have them They have to use ID to sign a child out and they have to be on the list that I created.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Bm?

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

Use a password that only you, your DD and staff know that means it's OK to go with someone else. For the lack of a better phrase... drill it into them not to share the password that way it doesn't get around. 

Now that mine is a teenager I'll spill the beans. I had a certain family member that thought it was OK for her to pull my DS from school whenever she wanted to without my or my DH's permission. So we decided to do a password that meant that person had permission from us for our DS to go with them. (We just happened to have selected out neighbor's dog's name.) 

Sure enough a few days later that family member showed up saying she had permission to take my DS to the fair. When asked for the password she told them there wasn't one. When they asked again she through a shit fit and gave the wrong password. They told her to leave or they'd have to call the cops. What did she do? Yup, she refused to leave. What sucks for her is... she now has an arrest record.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Nope EX-SIL

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Bm?

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

...Only if you drill it into their head they can only go with people with the password.  A woman on here posted within the last week that her children followed some guy in Target without doing the whole password thing their mother thought they were sure to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)