Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

We're trying to work on potty training again with DS.. he refuses to pee on the potty, as soon as he has on undies, trainers, diaper or whatever he pees though. Today he didn't want to get off the potty so sat there for about an hour or so, nothing, he got up an we put a trainer on and he peed within 2 minutes :/ going naked isnt an option, he gets really upset and freaks out if he doesnt have something on plus I really don't want to scrub pee and poop out of carpets lol. Any suggestions? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Undies.

No diaper, pull up or anything that resembles the two (not including bedtime of course).

Offer him a reward for going. Yes, bribe him. Lol.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM
That happened with my little one when we first started potty training. It's frustrating. I just went at her pace. Keep trying, he will eventually catch on.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM

He will get it in time. You need to give him time. Keep asking about sitting on the potty and don't make him feel bad for going in his underwear or floor. Have him help clean up. Before you know it he will be using it.

jessica1078
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump because my oldest 2 were fully potty trained by 2 1/2 but my youngest... He's not having any part of it- he's the most difficult child I've tried potty training. Short of tying him to the potty chair I've tried everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM

My oldest it was horrible cause he lives here 1/2   the time and his dad kept putting him in diapers and pull ups so every week I would be starting over, took 2 days every time for him to be going on the potty 100% at my house, I thought since DS wasn't in that situation or anything it'd be easier but he's being so stubborn lol

Quoting Anonymous: That happened with my little one when we first started potty training. It's frustrating. I just went at her pace. Keep trying, he will eventually catch on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM

The trainers we're using are like undies but have absorption in them so the pee doesn't leak out  all over the carpet.. He wouldn't understand a bribe :( If I could get him to go on the potty I had m&ms sitting waiting to give him 2 after he peed and hope he'd catch on but getting him to actually go isnt working lol. my oldest was more on level/advanced with communcation than DS is so it's harder with him 

Quoting LyTe684: Undies.

No diaper, pull up or anything that resembles the two (not including bedtime of course).

Offer him a reward for going. Yes, bribe him. Lol.

Good luck.

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I put my daughter in regular undies. She was stubborn. We went cold turkey. No trainer or pull ups. When she would pee she would feel the discomfort. It worked really fast. We don't have carpet either.
rache71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Sounds like my sd3. Yes 3! She will sit on the potty for up to 45 min at a time ( with nothing happening) and pee in her panties within minutes of putting them on. Even her Grammy who watches her 2 days a week has never seen such stubbornness. She dances around singing about potty training and is so excited, and.....nothing.

Quoting jessica1078: Here's a bump because my oldest 2 were fully potty trained by 2 1/2 but my youngest... He's not having any part of it- he's the most difficult child I've tried potty training. Short of tying him to the potty chair I've tried everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM

We've been doing trainers that absorb but still feel wet, so there's not really any clean up involved besides him. He did the same thing last time and we worked on it for about a week with no improvement then freaking out anytime we took his diaper or trainer off to sit on the potty so we stopped, hopefully this time he'll catch on

Quoting Raeann11:

He will get it in time. You need to give him time. Keep asking about sitting on the potty and don't make him feel bad for going in his underwear or floor. Have him help clean up. Before you know it he will be using it.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM

How old is he?  He honestly sounds like he is not ready.  I'd back off and try later.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)