Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just dont want a second one!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm pregnant, not even quite 6 weeks, and my well meaning mother has already began asking if my baby shower is going to gender neutral ( I haven't decided if I'll find out gender yet) and I said I wasn't having one. She flipped out and asked why, and I responded why would I? I don't see the point, I had one for DS BUT that was because I lived four hours away from everyone and no one really got to see me during that pregnancy and it was a nice way to see everyone. I didn't request it then, I just showed and was grateful. This time, I just declined. Now my mother and my aunt are mad, and myself and my SO really couldn't bother. I'm not the only one who HATES being 8 months pregnant and being patted on my belly, asked a million questions and putting a ton of stuff that I may or may not use away when chances are I've already got all I need already by then! Sorry, random vent.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I agree, I had three with my first pregnancy (one was 5hrs away) and two with my second. I didnt want any of them. UGH. It was nice and turned out fun but I am not very social to begin with,

rebeccarae
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Agreed, I love my family, and I love seeing them but I hate when its such a large event and in feel the need to socialize with ALL of my family and I get so tired. Its not worth it for me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, I had three with my first pregnancy (one was 5hrs away) and two with my second. I didnt want any of them. UGH. It was nice and turned out fun but I am not very social to begin with,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)