Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DS took my car when I told him he couldnt...Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies

He wanted to go hang out with his friends....I told him no as the roads are still pretty bad and he is not experienced much driving in the snow. He got angry but went to his room to play xbox...

Well I went to get in the shower and by the time I was done I went downstairs and he was gone! He took the car. I dont even know what to do about it. He has never caused any troubles and now he did something pretty big. 

I tried calling him and he left his phone in his room most likely on purpose. 

I started calling some of his friends and one said they saw him but he wasnt there anymore (i dont know if it is a lie or not)...I dont have a car now so I cant go look for him. I am just disappointed in him. My DH is going to be at work for another hour. I dont know when he will be back or what to even do at this point 

ETA: If I call the cops and he is charged as an adult he will be charged with grand theft auto which is a felony...i dont know if it is worth it at this point 

UPDATE: DH and I went to the friends house where we thought DS was. He was there I drove the car home. My DH went in and pretty much threw him over his shoulder (more to embarass him in front of everyone). We had a really really long chat with him. He was shocked when he saw his room and all of his stuff gone. I dont think he realized just how much trouble he would be in. I told him that if he ever tried to pull that shit again I would call the cops and press charges instantly now that he knows and understands what is on the line. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be calling the cops personally, and there would be serious concequences .
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM
He would never use my car again. How old is he?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Quoting bluebunnybabe: He would never use my car again. How old is he?

Karen_29
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Your car or his? I would be mad regardless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM

If I call them and say he took my car they could report it as stolen and he could be arrested..

Quoting Anonymous: I would be calling the cops personally, and there would be serious concequences .

erin708
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Def call the cops. Hopefully that will scare him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama111609
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM

You could always call and report the car stolen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
He's be grounded for life and I would call the cops.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM

My car

Quoting Karen_29: Your car or his? I would be mad regardless.

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I'd call the police.  He could be in a ditch somewhere!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)