Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i KNEW i should have stayed in cali..........

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM
  • 65 Replies
3 moms liked this
so.....wow just kinda shocked....my SO has this guy he works with...dude is married, we all went out for late night apps and a few beers awhile ago...his wife is sweet but as very quiet, didnt hardley talk at all. at the end of the night i gave her my number and told her text or call me anytime...i dont have many female friends here etc.....so she just text me....we figure out we are both cooking dinner. she tells me she is cooking pork steaks...so i lol and tell her girl dont you know swine is bad for you, it makes you have high bp...she writes back and says whats swine....so im like oh its another name for pork\pig....she like oh but these are steaks.....and i said yea you said pork steaks right? her reply was yea but its not really pork, they just call it that cuz thats what it looks like......................i knew i should have never moved to alabama....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Oh my, wth does she think they mean by PORK steak...
kiwiskiwi29
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Lol. What a doofus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM
3 moms liked this
One very important thing I learned when I moved down south, do NOT try to impose on their ways of life. Don't try to tell them your way is better or you will be very miserable and alone there! The kitchen is a sacred thing to a southerner. Just smile and move on lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
No, there are dumb people in Cali, too. I am from there, but live on the East Coast now. So I was home and at one of my favorite stores at the mall that we don't have out here, and the woman asked if I wanted to be on the mailing list, so I said yes. I'm giving her my address, and when I get to the city, Philadelphia, she had no idea where that was. When I asked if she knew that it was actually the first Capital before D.C., she said, "Nope. Never heard of it." She was in her late 20s! 0.o
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:38 PM
idk.....she said its not really pork....it just looks like it so thats y they call it pork steak.....so im asssuming she thinks its beef....but "looks" like pork.....

Quoting littlesippycup: Oh my, wth does she think they mean by PORK steak...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Haha how the hell does someone not know Philly??

I mean, seriously..

Quoting Anonymous: No, there are dumb people in Cali, too. I am from there, but live on the East Coast now. So I was home and at one of my favorite stores at the mall that we don't have out here, and the woman asked if I wanted to be on the mailing list, so I said yes. I'm giving her my address, and when I get to the city, Philadelphia, she had no idea where that was. When I asked if she knew that it was actually the first Capital before D.C., she said, "Nope. Never heard of it." She was in her late 20s! 0.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM
it reminds me of this other girl i worked with here. when she found out i was from cali she asked had i ever seen the hollywood sign...i told her no, that i lived in northern cali...she thought you could see it anywhere in the state......

Quoting kiwiskiwi29:

Lol. What a doofus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM
LOL what a goober!!

Quoting caligirl7613: idk.....she said its not really pork....it just looks like it so thats y they call it pork steak.....so im asssuming she thinks its beef....but "looks" like pork.....

Quoting littlesippycup: Oh my, wth does she think they mean by PORK steak...
kiwiskiwi29
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Lol. That's funny. I am a Cali girl too. I live in arizona though. A lot of people think I knew celebrities. Like yea I go grocery shopping with leonardo dicaprio lol. Fricken people are so crazy.

Quoting caligirl7613: it reminds me of this other girl i worked with here. when she found out i was from cali she asked had i ever seen the hollywood sign...i told her no, that i lived in northern cali...she thought you could see it anywhere in the state......

Quoting kiwiskiwi29:

Lol. What a doofus.

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM
very true. im not like a health nut or anything....i was really just kidding around with her...but was just surprised she seems to think they are beef steaks...just look like pork....

Quoting Anonymous: One very important thing I learned when I moved down south, do NOT try to impose on their ways of life. Don't try to tell them your way is better or you will be very miserable and alone there! The kitchen is a sacred thing to a southerner. Just smile and move on lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)