Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never thought I'd say this...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

I live in Texas. I almost always enjoy winter and the cooler weather! We're not nearly as cold as people up North are and for that, I'm super grateful. But I'm so freakin sick of overcast skies and cool/cold weather, I can't even see straight.

The kids are basically stuck inside playing board games, playing in their room, watching TV, bickering...they dislike not being able to go outside and run off tons of energy.

I think I'm feeling stir crazy since we're fighting off the flu and trying to stay home as much as possible to not give it to anyone else and get better ourselves! Winter blows :/ C'mon sunny, warmer weather!! Just not summer...you stay away 100+ degree heat.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Bump!

No one else? Especially down South like me? :/

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I'm in Houston and I have to remind myself I will not complain about the cold because I sure as hell hate our summers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I'm on Texas as well and i couldnt agree more. This winter has been awful !
soljawife
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I'm in texas too....this blows. lol
Heisenberg
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Wait a minute? How cold is it? The kids can't go out?

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:39 PM

How cold is it there? I'm in PA, and it's cold here, but I don't mind too much because I'm an indoorsy person. lol

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Right?!

Well, DH says our Texas summers are nothing compared to what I grew up in, LOL. I was born and raised in Louisiana and we visit my family during the summer and he says he feels like his face is going to melt off, hahaha. Seriously though, I just hate summer down here, period. But then I would hate living up North come winter time. I just want some nice mild temps all year :/ April is perfect.

Quoting Roxygurl: I'm in Houston and I have to remind myself I will not complain about the cold because I sure as hell hate our summers.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM

It's high 40s/low 50s. Not cold. Just cool.

Quoting MamaRae85:

How cold is it there? I'm in PA, and it's cold here, but I don't mind too much because I'm an indoorsy person. lol

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I love it. But I hate Texas heat.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I HATE winter and I live in GA do winter is usually pretty mild here. Come on sunshine and swimming pools!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)