Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're doing it wrong! do it my way!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
Ok. Now that I got your attention. Two good friends of mine just had their first baby a month ago. I wanted to share what I put on the card I am sending with the blanket I made.

Mom & Dad,
I am so happy for you and the addition pf your brand new baby girl. Becoming parents is an exciting adventure, the most exciting adventure you'll ever embark on. You'll get plenty of advice along the way, some good, some bad, somr that will make you scratch your head and say "what". Keeo the following in mind; parenting is 10% advice from books, parents, friends, etc., 30% instinct and personal experience, 60% flying by the seat of your pants and hoping you're doing it right. Remember, if your little girl is happy, healthy, and thriving, you're doing it right. I have no doubt you've received a lot of advice, but I'm going to share some of the best advice I ever got. First, no matter what any one says it is NOT possibke to spoil a baby. If you want to hold her all night, hold her all night. Holding her is great bonding time. This gives her time to learn your scent, your voice, and shows her she is safe and comforted in your arms. Snuggle away if it feels right to you. Second, forget about getting baby girl on a schedule that will stick. While you may think you have her on a schedule, it's actually the other way around, she has you on a schedule that can, and probably will change in a moment, especially during those "wonderful" growth spurts. Third, trust your git! Rarely is your gut wrong. Fourth, being scared is natural and will be a constant part of life forever, just be prepared. Finally, love her, of course. I have no doubt you two are and will always be fantastic parents to your little princess! Oh, one last thing, don't worry about rushing any thing. She has her whole life to grow up. Good luck and congratulations!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)