Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not a completely unexpected question from....

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  • 29 Replies

my sons dad.

he owes me back child support and of course the government takes anything he would get back and gives it to me  bbbuuuuuttttt he actually asked me i would let him claim my son on his income tax and he would give me anything he gets back in return. yeah right buddy!

does anyone here have a similar situation? or does anyone let their ex claim their kids on income tax for this purpos?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I let my ex claim my son, but he covers all his expenses pretty much so he deserves it in my opinion.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM

I claim my dd and the state sends me his tax refund.  We don't communicate.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM
No way
hautemama83
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
If you get it anyway, what difference would it make?
abuckalew
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM

i see what your saying but i guess its just kind of my way of sticking it to him for barely paying the minimum child support, never offering to buy my son anything that is needed (because seriously, the cs only goes so far), and not even making an actual effort to keep any kind of schedule for visitation.

if the circumstances were different i would gladly do it but i feel like ots giving him a free pass and i dont trust him anyway. he could easily lie about the amount he gets back. 

Quoting hautemama83: If you get it anyway, what difference would it make?

hautemama83
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Bitterness isn't good, and I mean that genuinely. Logically, I'd think your son is better off without him being a huge part of his life. I personally wouldn't do it though, just because it seems irrelevant. The money is going to you regardless. I don't see how he could lie though, doesn't the state seize it before he ever gets it?

Quoting abuckalew:

i see what your saying but i guess its just kind of my way of sticking it to him for barely paying the minimum child support, never offering to buy my son anything that is needed (because seriously, the cs only goes so far), and not even making an actual effort to keep any kind of schedule for visitation.

if the circumstances were different i would gladly do it but i feel like ots giving him a free pass and i dont trust him anyway. he could easily lie about the amount he gets back. 

j3st3r
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM
My ex asks every year if I will allow him to claim both instead of just one per the CO. I say no each time.
abuckalew
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM

yes the court does seize it. i am acting a little bitter, im fully aware of that, but either way im not giving him a free pass to help out of his jam

Quoting hautemama83: Bitterness isn't good, and I mean that genuinely. Logically, I'd think your son is better off without him being a huge part of his life. I personally wouldn't do it though, just because it seems irrelevant. The money is going to you regardless. I don't see how he could lie though, doesn't the state seize it before he ever gets it?

Quoting abuckalew:

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We traded off, but he paid his CS and bitched the entire time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM
If he is behind on child support don't do it! We each claim one child, but he is very much involved in person and financially.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)