Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends with Sister in law? *rant*

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  • 1 Replies

It is very important to my brother that I get along with his wife.  I don't have any sisters and the joke in the house was they had to marry and find me a sister.

Well my 3 brothers have married women that while they are fine, but we are so astronomically different that it seems like a stretch for us to ever become "friends"

Which is so strange, not all of my friends believe the same things I do or even agree with me most of the time. I am a live and let live kind of person, but she is NOT, so instead of just agreeing to disagree. She wants me to change my mind.

Her favorite topic is - Me being in desperate need of a makeover (which could be true, but others have tried and failed, if my mom can't get me out of my chucks, I don't think she can) but she is always making plans to help me change my "look" or I could be so pretty if ..

I am working hard to establish a relationship, because my little brother is great, but just take me as I am, there is no need to change me.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to say something along the lines of Ok I will try your style IF and ONLY IF you agree to try mine. that should shut her up.   LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)