Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's karma...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
3 moms liked this

so today (for the first time ever) i gave a homeless man something. my dd had an eye appointment, so we had to take my dh to work this afternoon. last week there was a homeless man sitting on the side of the street with his sign, and i just drove by him without stopping...and i felt bad about not being able to give him anything. today we were driving by the same area, and i told my dh that if the same guy is sitting in the same spot i want to get him something. so of course, the man was in the same spot. he was an older guy, and sometihng in my heart just spoke to me. so after we ate lunch, i bought the man a meal and a bottle of water, drove by his spot, rolled down my window and handed him what i bought. he was genuinely grateful for it, and i felt something shift in my soul. usually i don't feel something like that when i pass by homeless people with signs, but this guy was different. i told my dh that was my good karma deed for the day. some of you may not agree with what i did, but it's done and over with and i feel better about myself. what have you done lately to earn good karma for yourself?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

i actually used good manners in public....something i don't usually do. 

Danapopcorn
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I uhhh.....hmm...well damn.

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe in karma. I do however believe in human compassion. I have done the same.
amanda.lyn
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Good for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

i believe in both. 

Quoting AnHpuresugar: I don't believe in karma. I do however believe in human compassion. I have done the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Quoting amanda.lyn: Good for you!

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM

lmbo

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

??

Quoting Firewoman33:

lmbo

Quoting Anonymous:

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM
I used to live in Seattle. I'd hook up the homeless people all the time! I never give flat cash though. But I'd buy them lunch, give them blankets, light their cigarettes for them, or just chat with them a while. There's a subculture among the urban homeless that is enlightening and fascinating.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That was nice of you.

I helped some old lady start her car at the gas station. Her battery cables weren't on tight enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)