Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She withdrew him today because I left :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 1 Replies
So I left my aide position to begin my student teaching for my general Ed license. It was a very hard decision that I had put off for two semesters, but I finally decided I needed to do this for the betterment of myself and my family.

Today, while at work, (I'm at my same school, just in Gen-Ed instead of special Ed), I get pulled from my class. Apparently one of my former students was being withdrawn from our school because I'm no longer the aide in the class. I'm so sad :'( I was hoping to still see this student daily and check on this student's progress. I worked so hard to help this student get to the level he was at. He came up and hugged me when he saw me (he has sensory issues and does not liked to be touched). I was so moved that I just burst into tears. I'm going to miss him. His mom came and hugged me and thanked me for everything. I told her to tell the new school to take care of "my boy" or they'd hear from me. I'm really going to miss him. It's amazing how attached we get to our students. :'(
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
whoslifeanyway
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM
I wish all teachers were like you. Big hugs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)