Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cursed out a lady at the grocery store. Was I wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
5 moms liked this

The person scanning was young. They looked to be about 14 or 15 and like it was their first day. I was behind a lady in line who kept asking for things to be removed from her order AFTER the girl rang it, had tons of different coupons, a lot of produce, and wanted cash back. The girl was new and wasn't sure how to do some of that yet. The woman started getting irritated at how long it was taking for the manager to come over and help the girl. So she decides its okay to yell at the child. She points in the girls face saying, "how incompetent can you be? Maybe you should have stayed in school you're clearly not cut out for this line of work." The girl apologized but the woman kept at it. 

After about 5 minutes I snapped on the customer (she started talking about how "her people" can't do anything right persumably about her being black. I told her that while the poor girl couldn't say anything I could. That I thought she was fucking disgusting in here yelling at a child. I told her to shut her ass up and wait patiently like the rest of the adults in the store. 

All I could think about was someone talking to my baby like that. I mean come on! Has no one had a first day? It wasnt the girls fault that her manager took so long coming out! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Good for you. People are so rude.
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Some people have no manners or decency. Karma will get her.
pinkfairy0206
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this
No I don't think you where wrong at all! Good for you for sticking up for her!
falloutboy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM
What did the ladybhave to say for herself?
Lexa_Lee
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM
If she couldn't do the job on her own, she shouldn't have been on her own.
melly_v88
1 mom liked this
I'm proud of you.

C'mere. Give me a hug ;)

Seriously though, some people are so damn rude. I'd have told her to shut the fuck up too.
saraewhite
1 mom liked this

You were absolutley right to step in! People are so inconsiderate these days!!! I know that if I could I would tell of customers of mine. But instead I keep my mouth shut and smile so I don't get fired! Good for you! I wish there were more people like you!!!

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Not wrong at all. I would have applauded you. People like that irritate me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM
3 moms liked this
It's crazy how this shit happens to you ladies on here so often. Never hear this stuff in real life.
white_wolf454
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this

As a person who has done that type of job THANKYOU ! you have no idea how awful some people can be to you !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)