Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got out of a 5 year long very abusive relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My dh was great when we got married. 6 months into our marriage, he got verbally abusive, by a year he was hitting me. About 10 months ago he slapped our son across the face for trying to defend me.  I knew that was it.

what was your breaking point? If you were in this situation, of course.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluescorpia
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM
When he took a belt & beat my older daughter with it while I was at work. She was 3.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I'm glad you got out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry!

Quoting Bluescorpia: When he took a belt & beat my older daughter with it while I was at work. She was 3.

1shoncy1
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this

GOOD FOR YOU. NOW DONT BE A DUMMY AND RUN BACK!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR KIDS! BEST OF LUCK

JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM

So proud of you! I can't stand women who allow their children to be abused:(

Bluescorpia
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
My daughter is 15 now. She has no memory of that day at all. Because of the trauma, it has made her be selective mutism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bluescorpia: When he took a belt & beat my older daughter with it while I was at work. She was 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. It was a scary thing (leaving), but my child being hit was the wake up call to me.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

So proud of you! I can't stand women who allow their children to be abused:(

Bluescorpia
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I'm glad you got out. Don't look back ever!!! They will never change =/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Did he go to jail?

Quoting Bluescorpia: My daughter is 15 now. She has no memory of that day at all. Because of the trauma, it has made her be selective mutism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM
My first ex, him abusing me while I was pregnant and then him shutting me out of my newborns room while I could hear my baby crying. He also attempted to commit suicide in my house when I kicked him out. He's still the same pos person and I wish I had never called an ambulance to help him. I don't care how evil that makes me. He still beat the shit out of my son last year.

And my ex after him choked me until I almost blacked out WHILE I was holding my son. Only reason he stopped was because we were in a hotel and people started talking outside the door because they heard me screaming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)