Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedtime question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Dd is almost 18 months. She goes to bed between 8-830 at night, sleeps until 7 or 7:30 then goes down for a 2 hour nap at 11 and a 1.5 hour nap at 4. This is working for her but I feel like she should be going to bed earlier. What time do your los go to bed?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Earlier than that? Why? Does she have work or school in the morning?
My oldest goes to bed at 8, the younger one goes to bed between 8:30 and 9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM
My 2.5 yo goes at 9 and sleeps 'til at least 9 the next morning. No naps. I think your sleep schedule sounds fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Earlier than 830. Obviously she doesn't have work or school but isn't 830 a little late for a baby/toddler?

Quoting polkaspots: Earlier than that? Why? Does she have work or school in the morning?

My oldest goes to bed at 8, the younger one goes to bed between 8:30 and 9
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Oh good.. i was a little worried. Thanks!

Quoting almondpigeon: My 2.5 yo goes at 9 and sleeps 'til at least 9 the next morning. No naps. I think your sleep schedule sounds fine.
Rosesandlilys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM

When my son was that age he went to bed later and slept later.

Lexa_Lee
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
That sounds like entirely too much ssleepy kid has never gone to bed before 9. He's in kindergarten and goes to bed at 930.
teddysmama09
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If it ain't broke don't fix it!! If she's sleeping through the night, napping sufficiently and devoloping normally, don't mess with it!! Just go outside and thank your lucky stars you've got a baby who sleeps so well!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM
I don't think she's getting too much sleep though. They say 14 hours total for 12-24 months

Quoting Lexa_Lee: That sounds like entirely too much ssleepy kid has never gone to bed before 9. He's in kindergarten and goes to bed at 930.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Sounds like your kid is not getting enough sleep.  Mine all go to bed at 8 pm, even the 11 year old.  They get up at 6 to get ready for school.  any less than that and they are demons the next day.

Quoting Lexa_Lee: That sounds like entirely too much ssleepy kid has never gone to bed before 9. He's in kindergarten and goes to bed at 930.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

My kids used to go to bed at 8 at that age, but that's not that much later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)