Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughters want to switch schools advice please

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ok my 14 year old daughter really wants to switch schools. She's been saying this for more then a few months but now everyday it's all she talks about . She tells me the girls are rude and mean to her except for about 4 girls. She says she isn't being bullied but these girls are just mean. My daughters whole 8th grade have a reputation for being the meanest girls . I don't want her to think she can run from troubles or run when something go her way . That's why I'm just not sure what to do. WWYD
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Get her out of there! It's not running away, it's going somewhere better.

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM
make her finish out the year....its almost over with....next year is high school.....if its still a problem then let her switch....make her understand though...if she does switch....she isnt switching back...period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Does she have friends ? is the school she is attending a good school ? Have you spoken with guidance ?  The new school may be worse . I don't think I would unless her safety was in jeopardy.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
There's a difference between running from your troubles and knowing which situations to walk away from. My parents allowed me to switch schools for sixth grade after begging since the beginning of fourth. It's the best thing they ever did for me. I had a fresh start and a new outlook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Honestly with as many kids that start cutting, commit suicide, etc. I'd let her switch b/c I'd worry it's worse than she says and she didn't want me to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

If my child was having a hard time at school I would definitely consider it because I would want him to be able to go to school and focus on the school work rather then dealing with mean kids.

sara82lee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Will your dd be with these girls in hs?
taak3334
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM
That's what I told her , I wanted her to finish out this year. It's only 3 or 4 girls who are being rude to her . I told her that not everyone will get along all the time .

Quoting caligirl7613: make her finish out the year....its almost over with....next year is high school.....if its still a problem then let her switch....make her understand though...if she does switch....she isnt switching back...period
Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Let her switch, i begged my parents to let me switch from 5th grade all the way up to 11th grade they wouldnt let me and i was bullied all the time i started skipping school and my grades started to drop, it wasnt until the last semester of my senior year that they let me switch school almost immediately my grades and attendance were back to perfect l. I was also seriously behind and missing a ton of credits and with the school i went to i was able to get 5 credits in less than two months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)