Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous, anyone ever had an Iron Transfusion

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 30 Replies

anyone ever need to get iron through an IV? i need to hae it done and im nervous.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM

No. I had to have a blood transfusion for severe anemia though. Bump for ya

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:15 PM

ive had those too, for anemia.  i just never heard of an iron transfusion, thank you for the bump

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I had to have a blood transfusion for severe anemia though. Bump for ya

cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I've not had to do that, but years ago, I had a kidney infection that put me in the hospital for 5 days. For 2 weeks after I got out, I had to go to my doctor's office, and get an iron shot in each hip. I guess now they just do it the way they are with you. Honestly, I'd prefer it in an IV, rather than a shot. Those are the worst! Best wishes, hope you get to feeling better soon.

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM

thank you.  

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I've not had to do that, but years ago, I had a kidney infection that put me in the hospital for 5 days. For 2 weeks after I got out, I had to go to my doctor's office, and get an iron shot in each hip. I guess now they just do it the way they are with you. Honestly, I'd prefer it in an IV, rather than a shot. Those are the worst! Best wishes, hope you get to feeling better soon.

cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure. :)

Quoting l.a.m.b:

thank you.  

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Yes. It made me nauseous for the day. Other than that it was a pretty uneventful.
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I had it done by IV a few time while in the hospital for my ulcerative colitis flare ups. It takes a few hours but its really not bad. I go in to day surgery this Friday for an infusion and will just be sitting in the chair with the IV hook up for about 4 hours, I will be using that time to crochet a few onesies for the NICU. Good luck for yours and hope it helps you feel better.

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:28 PM

aww thank you, i guess i should bring a book to read lol

Quoting SilverOcean84:

I had it done by IV a few time while in the hospital for my ulcerative colitis flare ups. It takes a few hours but its really not bad. I go in to day surgery this Friday for an infusion and will just be sitting in the chair with the IV hook up for about 4 hours, I will be using that time to crochet a few onesies for the NICU. Good luck for yours and hope it helps you feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)