Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No*R*Cal to SoCal Don't forget the R or you'll get eaten alive lmao

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

My kids are getting the most amazing vacation this year!!!!! It will be a last for a while until we can move to California, but its amazing!

We are going (camping) in the Redwood forest in Fulton, CA and visitng family in San Jose for 5 days. Then we are driving south on HWY 1. We are going to stop in Carmel, Monterey, NOT LA lol and going to see the Elephant seals and hike down (the one long long stop). Then we are going to Huntington beach and Laguna for 5 days and staying on the beach.

I have never had such an amazing vacation with No touristy crap!!!! We are not going to San Fran while there, no LA, no Disney, Definitely no seaworld ever, but nothing. Just relaxing and enjoying the nature and good company of family/friends in both areas~!!!! 

We won't be going to anything indoors. Just outdoors stuff. No meusums, no stores, no tours through anything. Just nature, thankfully! 

oh and I've been down HWY 1 and know how long it is. It's definitely not something you can do wiithout stops.

I am excited!!!! Can't wait until July!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_MissMissfit_
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I love Monterey. You should take them to the boardwalk at Santa Cruz.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Quoting _MissMissfit_: I love Monterey. You should take them to the boardwalk at Santa Cruz.

We will go to the beach while we are in Fulton too. It is 30 minutes from Santa Cruz. We are doing that before we go to our cabin tent (not REALLY camping lol). We have a lot of stops, but didn't list all right now lol

teeloffel
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM

You should stop in Morro Bay and Moonstone Beach - check out Nitwit Ridge while you're there.  My family lives in the Bay area and those are our two favorite places to vacation.  Also, if you're into kitsch, check out the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo and Hurst Castle in San Ysidro (I think).  Kings Canyon is fricking AMAZING as well.  There's also a petrified forest in Calistoga. 

Have fun!! 

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM

ooh thank you! I will look into those places!

Quoting teeloffel:

You should stop in Morro Bay and Moonstone Beach - check out Nitwit Ridge while you're there.  My family lives in the Bay area and those are our two favorite places to vacation.  Also, if you're into kitsch, check out the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo and Hurst Castle in San Ysidro (I think).  Kings Canyon is fricking AMAZING as well.  There's also a petrified forest in Calistoga. 

Have fun!! 

PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Sweet! I hate hwy1 though... We did the trip up/down the coast, and from then on I now get car sick on road trips. lol
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM

lol! I am sorry. We are considering renting a convertible for the ride. I hope the kids enjoy it since we will be doing the 8 hr (hahaha, yeah right) drive in a longer drive with lots of stops.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Sweet! I hate hwy1 though... We did the trip up/down the coast, and from then on I now get car sick on road trips. lol

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Does anyone else have stop advice for AWESOME beaches between Santa Cruz and Laguna Beach? NO Nudies! lol

bellawomen
by Summer on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I am thinking about driving to San Jose this weekend to see the Mission for my son's project. I have never been there though and not sure it if there is snow or not. I don't want to go through mountains and snow.

I wouldn't rent a convertible. It is WAY too cold for that.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM

We are going in July. It will be way warmer. We will keep the top up until around Carmel/Monterey.

Quoting bellawomen: I am thinking about driving to San Jose this weekend to see the Mission for my son's project. I have never been there though and not sure it if there is snow or not. I don't want to go through mountains and snow.

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM

and no snow, I asked my 2nd mama and she said it's 52.

Quoting bellawomen: I am thinking about driving to San Jose this weekend to see the Mission for my son's project. I have never been there though and not sure it if there is snow or not. I don't want to go through mountains and snow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)