Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

h1n1

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  • 137 Replies
Any of you been diagnosed with it this season? It's going around so bad down here and I'm going to get my flu shot tomorrow since I'm over my respiratory infection/sinus infection finally. I am paranoid I'm going to get it before my shot takes effect though :/ If you've had it, how bad was it?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM
no I got my flu shot that includes the h1n1 .im pregnant and asthmatic dont fancy risking it
PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM
No, but I was pregnant in 2009 when it went around, and ughh that was stressful.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM

We had it in 2009 when it was going around. For a month on and off we were not feeling well. We just rested when we felt yucky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I got it in 2009 when it went around and I was the sickest I've ever been but I was fine within a couple days and survived :)   I don't get flu shots....there's no guarantees with them anyway.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Ugh I had it a few years back, was pregnant and delivered just as I was recovering. That crap was horrible. I felt like death. Try pushing when you can't breath through your nose and everything already is achy.

I was also quarantined from all of the other delivering mothers.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
No.
My mom works at the hospital though and she's said 10 people have already died from it, most of them healthy.
cindylou15
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I got mine early this year...had a sore arm for about 12 hours...and I was tired that night ( could have been my 12 hour shift lifting puking people too)

All 3 kiddos are getting thiers tomorrow
TheSilence
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I know a couple of children who have it.
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I was going to get it right before thanksgiving, but because I had new insurance I couldn't get in to a doctor, and Walgreen was about to charge me $200 for it. By time I could get in to my doctor, I had a respiratory infection and then a sinus infection, followed by a uti so I had to wait 72 hours after antibiotics were finished :/

Quoting babie113: no I got my flu shot that includes the h1n1 .im pregnant and asthmatic dont fancy risking it
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM
that sucks :-(

Quoting texasgirl77: I was going to get it right before thanksgiving, but because I had new insurance I couldn't get in to a doctor, and Walgreen was about to charge me $200 for it. By time I could get in to my doctor, I had a respiratory infection and then a sinus infection, followed by a uti so I had to wait 72 hours after antibiotics were finished :/

Quoting babie113: no I got my flu shot that includes the h1n1 .im pregnant and asthmatic dont fancy risking it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)