Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F***ing Pissed!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM
  • 31 Replies

So we usually pay our neighbors to house sit while we are on vacation. They always do a great job. This time our son's friend begged for the job, because she needed the money (it pays $50). It's mostly feeding our guinea pigs and gerbils, but we also ask that they bring in the mail. 

We decide to give this girl (who is 18) the job. We show her what needs to be done, it's fairly simple job and takes less than 10 minutes twice a day, pay her and leave for our vacation.

Now, we returned from our trip on Sunday. The first thing we noticed is our garage door wouldn't open, which usually means someone flipped the switch off, which means she was in our garage. I thought it was odd, since her tasks only involved the kitchen and dining room, and she was asked to stay in those two rooms only. But I let it go.

So I run up the front stairs to get inside our house, and on our porch is my slippers and DH's $60 NFL towel. Of course they are frozen solid. I have no idea why they are outside, they weren't when I left. Next I noticed our animals are gone! She never asked to take them anywhere.

So I called her. No answer but I left a voicemail. She texts back and says they moved a few towns over so she just took the animals with her, and would bring them back the following day.

Looking around I am noticing a bunch of things missing as well. A 3 pack of lysol wipes I use to clean the cages, she should have barely used 1/2 of one container so why did she take them all? 7 rolls of paper towels, which she wouldn't of needed for anything. A brand new tub of margerine. DSS17's Bob Marley bank was smashed and all his change missing. 

Then they bring the animals back, but instead of letting us know they are here, they use the key I left her to drop them off while we are all asleep, and leave the key on the table. Now she won't answer her phone. She just keeps texting back. "We didn't take anything."

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Call the cops and report theft.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW...........Change your locks ASAP. They may have made a copy.....smdh

Mrs.Torres2566
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Don't I have to have proof?

Quoting bethgoedeken:

Call the cops and report theft.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Wow what a bitch
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

She only had a key to the door, not the dead bolt, which wil always remain locked until I get a new set. 

Quoting Sassy762:

WOW...........Change your locks ASAP. They may have made a copy.....smdh

abrine7673
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Call the cops. That is messed up
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

She WAS a good family friend, and so were her parents. I just feel so betrayed and disrespected.

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Wow what a bitch

kjbennett26
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM

call the cops

Mammacra
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Make a police report any way
aurorabear
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I make a report. You have enough proof that they will at least file the report. Maybe she has a record.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)