Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drop in day care?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM
  • 40 Replies

Have you ever used one? There is one near our new home and they do a "parents night out" It's 4 hours in the evening. It's for children ages 2-9 and they have different themed rooms. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about it. I'll go tour the place first to check it out, but I was just wondering if anyone has experience with these types of places. I"m super excited about going out on regular dates with DH.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshleySail
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM
What is a drop in daycare??
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Oh I would like that lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I have worked professionally with child care providers, I have never seen one of these type of businesses last more then 6 mos
mommy053008
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Yep we have one they are open from 8am-midnight
Heisenberg
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM

It's a place that you just make reservations at and they charge by the hour. You have to register so they have all your important information, but after that you just reserve a spot and drop your kids off. I wouldn't use it for running errands or anything like that during the day, but the parents night out sounds awesome.

Quoting AshleySail: What is a drop in daycare??

Mashnut3161

i have heard of them. but I won't use them. THere is also a movie theater in okc that has a child care

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, and because they never know how many kids to expect, I have never seen one maintain proper adult to child ratios
Cmgmqmmom
1 mom liked this
We have them around here. I've never used one since I don't have a need. I'd like to see what you think.
Heisenberg
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Really? Why is that? Not enough good help? Not busy enough?

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I have worked professionally with child care providers, I have never seen one of these type of businesses last more then 6 mos

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
yes, I used one called "gimmeabreak ". I brought my some there everyday for an hour and it was only like $7/hour and they had packaged deals also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)