Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having another baby..cheating?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

This is going to sound SO dumb. I have an 8 month old DD right now. My only child. She is seriously my everything. I feel like having another baby...would be like cheating on her lol Like...I feel like it would be wrong to have this moment (below) with another human being...so dumb, I know.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM

BUMP!

bcoll
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I had twins the first time around so our views are different. Lol

JenGo
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Your baby is only 8 months old. I can understand that feeling. I remember thinking that I couldn't have another baby after my first, but then she grew and I did too. The older she got the more my desire for another baby got stronger.
I wouldn't count out any more children just yet, but the time could come when you want another, just not right now. ;)

all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Nope. I have four, and my last is as awesome as my first. It really doesn't work out that way. I've been told by moms with only children that having another was selfish. I found new friends tho.
gingerwife
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM
What you are feeling is normal. I felt so guilty when we got preggo with our second child. Everything turned out fine, they are best friends and I had nothing to worry about. *hugs*
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Totally normal feelings.  It's difficult to imagine the love you have for your first child that can happen again with another.  But it can :)

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I got pregnant when my daughter was 5 1/2 months old. Fast forward to now, she's a year old next week and I'm due pretty soon. Couple months away and I'm panicky.

I'm feeling this way too!

I feel less excited for this baby than I did for my dd. ):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Quoting gingerwife: What you are feeling is normal. I felt so guilty when we got preggo with our second child. Everything turned out fine, they are best friends and I had nothing to worry about. *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)