Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Would you abort if you knew your baby would have brain damage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

This argument about Terri Schiavo got me to thinking. All of those people who say the husband was right for having her feeding tube removed because she was brain damaged, what if it was your kid?  There are many kids and adults who are severely brain damaged and require feeding tubes who are allowed to live. Do you agree with that or do you feel they should all be put to death? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
9 moms liked this

I wouldn't want my child living a life he or she wasn't really LIVING. To be hooked up to a feeding tube with severe brain damage isn't a life. I'd want to be put to death in that state, and as difficult as the decision would be, I'd put my child at peace too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM

BUMP!

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I wouldn't want that for myself, let alone my child.
Franbuessa
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I was told by the Dr's that my "fetus" wasn't comparable with life. It had no chance, it's life expectancy was 2yrs old. I took my chances with my baby and he is a strong, sweet, intelligent, normal developing boy (he's 7 btw)

He was born with a rare fetal development disorder called Prune Belly Syndrome, 1 in 40,000 live births. He's had 2 corrective surgeries.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
What a great outcome! Was he misdiagnosed, beat the odds, or what?

Quoting Franbuessa:

Mobile Photo

I was told by the Dr's that my "fetus" wasn't comparable with life. It had no chance, it's life expectancy was 2yrs old. I took my chances with my baby and he is a strong, sweet, intelligent, normal developing boy (he's 7 btw)

He was born with a rare fetal development disorder called Prune Belly Syndrome, 1 in 40,000 live births. He's had 2 corrective surgeries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I couldn't do it.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I was given the choice to abort my DS because he had fetal hydrops, I refused and he's here today.
Franbuessa
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
That's the thing, there was no diagnosis until after birth.

Quoting anotherhalf: What a great outcome! Was he misdiagnosed, beat the odds, or what?

Quoting Franbuessa:

Mobile Photo

MidwestMama55
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I would not abort my baby, period.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Put to death or abort?  There is a big difference!  Yes, on abort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)