Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ungrateful brat

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM
  • 13 Replies
Dds birthday party was today and she has been dying to use her cards she got for christmas.

She just turned 5 and while she knows her letters and can write them all she can't write yet. If that makes sense. I figured she could write everyone that came a thank you card. (There would be 4 cards total)

Would it be okay for her to write a canned response to everyone? Like
"Thank you for coming to my birthday party and thank you for the present. Love ---"

These people see eachother everyday. But this would beeasiest for both of us . I can write it on regular paper and she can copy it down on each card. If we do a personalized for each one it could take days to finish them all. This way she will get it done pretty quick.

Just not sure if that is tacky or what ever lol.

So what say you?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Sounds good. I've even received printed ones where the child just signed. I was just glad to get a thank you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I say go for it that's what we do until they can do if themselves
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds fine. She is only 5 and they will probably understand why it wasn't personalized.

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I say do the generic thank you, but maybe she can add a drawing to kinda add that personal touch...?
turnergrace
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great! If you wrote this, it would be a little odd. But coming from a 5 year old in her handwriting would be so special!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I recently got a thank you card with a canned response from the child and a quick note from the Mom that made it more personal.  I guess it's up to you?  I wouldn't see a problem with a child her age doing a canned phrase.

abrine7673
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Yeah. I had thought about doimg that but while the idea of graciousness is there it just doesn't feel like it would make the same point to dd as sitting down and writing it out.

Quoting anotherhalf: Sounds good. I've even received printed ones where the child just signed. I was just glad to get a thank you.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
She sounds very sweet. I think people will be very pleased just to see her handwriting regardless of how simple the thank you.

Quoting abrine7673: Yeah. I had thought about doimg that but while the idea of graciousness is there it just doesn't feel like it would make the same point to dd as sitting down and writing it out.

Quoting anotherhalf: Sounds good. I've even received printed ones where the child just signed. I was just glad to get a thank you.
abrine7673
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I'm glad no one thinks it is tacky lol. It is a lot of work for her to write to people. She changes her mind 50x on whay she wants to say so then I have to rewrite it. Or she gets off the subject and would wind up wanting to write about her random dream/thought/cool idea lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I say go for it that's what we do until they can do if themselves
abrine7673
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM
It wouldn't be from dd without a drawing lol. She is a little artist

Quoting Shy_Dia: I say do the generic thank you, but maybe she can add a drawing to kinda add that personal touch...?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)