Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To do pot or not to do pot

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
So I have Crohn's disease and recently found out I have medically induced Rhumatiod arthritis due to humira. I hate taking drugs and my doctor doesn't think I should stop the shots. Even though when the RA is in a bad flare I am on the couch in so much pain, oxy doesn't even touch it.

I have been reading on the positives of pot in helping. There has been a study on pot use with crohns and it put 90% of the patients with severe crohns (which I have) in remission with no side effects in 2 weeks. Something about it coating the intestines and healing the ulcers. Been debating on trying it. I have a friend that is willing to supply me with it for free as long as it helps me.

My dilemma is that it isn't legal in my state yet. Is it really worth the risk of getting in trouble with the law? Or do I keep taking meds that can give me cancer and other nasty side effects? What would you do?

Please don't bash as I have yet to even try it once. But I am getting desperate because remicade is my only other option I have left and that comes with it's own set of side effects. I don't know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM
What is the penalty? If it was just an infraction, I'd do it. Even a misdo with just a fine. But if jail where involved, I'd pass.

And what about the kids? Could they be taken? If possible, then no way in hell.
imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Try it, it wouldn't hurt you. I hope it helps.
I don't smoke, anything:-) myself but if I had to choose between mess and pot, I'll choose pot.
sparkles9009
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM

How old are your children?

Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM
How hard is your state on pot?
I am a medical marijuana user and if I didn't live in a mmj state I would move because it benefits me greatly. I have debilitating chronic pain.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do it in that situation, hands down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Pretty sure it is a slap on the wrist. Not sure if kids can get taken away. Would have to look into that. Although another option is a state near me just legalized it and I could move there. But I would be moving away from my family

Quoting Anonymous: What is the penalty? If it was just an infraction, I'd do it. Even a misdo with just a fine. But if jail where involved, I'd pass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I one and she is 5

Quoting sparkles9009:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM
If they provide support for you (emotional I mean) it would be a shame to have to move. Hopefully its just a nothing penalty and not CPS worthy. You should have the right to use whatever medication provides you relief.

Quoting Anonymous: Pretty sure it is a slap on the wrist. Not sure if kids can get taken away. Would have to look into that. Although another option is a state near me just legalized it and I could move there. But I would be moving away from my family

Quoting Anonymous: What is the penalty? If it was just an infraction, I'd do it. Even a misdo with just a fine. But if jail where involved, I'd pass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I say you should try it and see if it helps you. It certainly isn't going to hurt you.
sparkles9009
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Well, then be careful. Try it. Smoke outside. If it helps then AWESOME. If not, then stop smoking it. No harm, no foul. I hope it helps.

Quoting Anonymous: I one and she is 5

Quoting sparkles9009:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)