Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My kids are taking a karate class and they allow parents and grandparents to take the class as well. It's pretty basic stuff but I never planned on joining myself. Dh told the kids and one of the instructors (who suggests it all the time) that I'm going to join the class.

What would you do? Join the class or bow out?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I'd join. Sounds fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM
I'd do it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I'm kinda worried about looking like an idiot in public.... But it DOES sound like fun, I'm just annoyed that he told everyone without consulting me.

Quoting Lalalie:

I'd join. Sounds fun!

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Honestly, I would join in. I have a friend who does it with her kids and she is awesome! 

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I am sure it will be fun, but if you aren't comfortable with it, I wouldn't do it. I would just because it would be fun and the kids would love me to join in!

Quoting Anonymous: I'm kinda worried about looking like an idiot in public.... But it DOES sound like fun, I'm just annoyed that he told everyone without consulting me.

Quoting Lalalie:

I'd join. Sounds fun!

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I'd do it. My son would love that I'm participating. Its good to go out of our comfort zones sometimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Good point. If love to do it but am worried I will be embarrassed. I guess I'll just see how it goes at their next class, see how I feel.

Quoting rosie211:

I am sure it will be fun, but if you aren't comfortable with it, I wouldn't do it. I would just because it would be fun and the kids would love me to join in!

Quoting Anonymous: I'm kinda worried about looking like an idiot in public.... But it DOES sound like fun, I'm just annoyed that he told everyone without consulting me.

Quoting Lalalie:

I'd join. Sounds fun!

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Do it. Could be fun.
pm4k
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I would take the class so I could learn how to karate chop DH for opening his trap in the first place. If he wanted to take the class go for it---but don't volunteer me for stuff like that......

highlandmum
by Spunky on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I would join.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)