Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transitioning.. Ah!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

We are currently transitioning our 25 month old son from a crib to a toddler bed. Rnght how he screaming, doesn't want to go to bed, we stuck to our regular routine. Any ideas on what to do to get him to bed??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Why cant he sleep in the crib? My kids slept in their crib till they were old enough to not want to sleep in there anymore.

KennyPooPoo22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Say tough boobies kid. Can't live in a crib forever.
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Idk personally if he liKes the crib I don't see the problem with him sleeping in it. He probably feels more secure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM

BUMP!

Heisenberg
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I'll bump for you. I didn't do cribs so for us it was easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I had to move my oldest to a toddler bed when he was barely 12 months old. He would scream and cry and get out of bed. I sat just around the corner so he couldn't see me and every time he got out of bed I would pick him up and put him back. No talking, no eye contact.
GotSomeKids
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I thought we weren't allowed to say 25 months.....lol

My son didn't want to either.  So, we left him safely in his room and after a few nights, he began to put himself to sleep.

UnFFnStoppable4
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Who is gonna correct her first?

Waiting.....
brenda025
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM

We just put our 18 month in to a toddler bed last week....Stay consistant with it, put him/her in bed and walk out, if you have to do it repeatedly do it, stay consistant... Another thing that helped us we put a baby gate up in the door way so he knew he couldn't get out of his room..He sleeps in there like a pro now, we even do nap time in the bed :) He/she will do it, it is just new to him/her...We didn't use the baby gate tonight and he only came out once :)

isaiahsmom321
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Just wait until he wants to sleep in his bed. My won was a little over 2 and he was so happy for new bed and new bedding
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)