Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 22 without School

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

School was cancelled again for tomorrow. I can understand it- the roads are absolute crap here in our small town, and about 75% of the kids are bussed in from rural areas. About half the rural roads haven't even been plowed.

We missed the Friday before break for ice. Then Mon-Thur this week has been cancelled.

I don't have enough wine to get through this extended break.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Where are you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Michigan

Quoting crysiann: Where are you?

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Good luck! I am in Wisconsin, we didn't get the snow, just cold weather!

Quoting Anonymous:

Michigan

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Not sure what the official total was, but from Sunday morning to Monday morning, it was over 2 feet, and we had some on the ground already. Not a ton, but that along with the cold has made the roads challenging.

Quoting crysiann: Good luck! I am in Wisconsin, we didn't get the snow, just cold weather!

Quoting Anonymous:

Michigan

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:55 AM
That is a lot of snow! I am sure your children are loving all the time off of school!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure what the official total was, but from Sunday morning to Monday morning, it was over 2 feet, and we had some on the ground already. Not a ton, but that along with the cold has made the roads challenging.

Quoting crysiann: Good luck! I am in Wisconsin, we didn't get the snow, just cold weather!

Quoting Anonymous:

Michigan

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM

we got hit with 1 1/2 feet of snow Tuesday- Wednesday, everybody back to normal today.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM
you poor woman, and spring break isnt so far away either lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:58 AM
we are in Michigan too...

What a small world..
Holly?

Quoting Anonymous:

Michigan

PoisonEyeV
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

LOL That really sucks.

Yesterday I made a post like this and I got chewed out by a few LOL (cough, idiots cough)

We're in Wisconsin, I'm pretty sure they have school today. Yesterday they had a water line break and the school flooded a bit.

mommy2boys03
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I'm in Michigan too and my boys just got back to school today from the extended break.  Believe me I was happy.  The issue that was here yesterday isn't that the roads hadn't been plowed it was that there was ice under the snow and with the cold weather the salt wasn't working to melt it.  Now tonight we are supposed to get freezing rain or more snow so it will be interesting if we have school in the morning.  Yes a one day school week possibly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)