Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice with ds (very long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I don't know what to do with my situation. I have a 6&1/2yo ds who is completely out of control ( I also have a 3&1/2yo dd who tried to follow what he does). He hasn't been evaluated and we are in the process of trying to get that done through his pedi.
So here is the issue. He blows up at every little thing. Let's take today for example:
He woke up in the am, ate breakfast and sat down with his Nook to play a game before getting ready for school. Fine, we have time in the am and this is ok with me. Well, when it came time to get dressed, all I keep hearing is "just a minute, just a minute" I took his nook and turned it off since he couldn't seem to do it himself. This turned into a huge blowup. He then refused to get dressed and said he wasn't going to school because he didn't want to. I tried to help him get dressed and he kicked me in the stomach (I am almost 7mo pregnant). My dh facetimed with him to try and calm him down but it didn't work. He was late to school and got grounded from all electronics (Nook, XBox and Computer). Picked him up from school to find out he had to clip down a color because he wasn't following directions and was warned twice. Get home, get homework done and ask if he wants to play a game. Him and his sister pick candyland. Well, before I could even get over there to play with them, he is already yelling and screaming and throwing things because his sister moved her piece on the board (we hadn't even started). I got him and her calmed down and went to sit at the table to play. I moved the kid's table a little bit and some of the cards got knocked on the floor, prompting another huge blowup because the cards fell. He proceeds to throw things and kick the wall because he is mad. He is now in his room yelling and screaming and demanding things. He is demanding that I let him come down (yeah, not happening). When that doesn't work, he is yelling that I don't love him and that he hates me and doesn't nor never will love me. Then it goes above and beyond that to him demanding that I kill him because he doesn't care and wants to be dead.
Never had my 6yo been told that he is going to be killed. We always tell him how much he is loved and that if he were dead that everybody would miss him. He doesn't care.
I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Does anybody have any experience on this or insight as to what I need to do to get this resolved? I honestly felt like just walking out of my house and not coming back. But I am their mother and they need me. DH won't be home for at least another hour. I don't know if I can last that long....
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:27 AM
He might be upset because of his little sister and the baby on the way. My kids were like that, and still are he probably just isn't ready for more siblings on the other hand I would talk to his Dr. again to see what they think and also go to counseling or behavior therapy. Hopefully its just a phase he's going through
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)