Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drs of Cafemom! Coluld ya come in here please?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I've had a mole by my nose for as long as I can remember. It's by my nostril on the left side. It never bothered me and I never paid any attention to it. When I woke up this morning it was sore. It is sore to the touch. I thoguht I might have scratched it in my sleep or something but it has hurt all day. No it hurts if I move my face certain ways. What could it be? I'm not going to look it up because i'm pretty sure the interent will tell me I'm dying. Thanks for any help. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Could just be that a pimple is forming under or very near it

The obvious worry is cancer. Has it changed color, size, or shape? The good news is that cancer isn't usually painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I had this happen recently. It turned out to be a pimple. I'm not really sure if the pimple was on the mole or behind it.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM

If it hasn't changed shape or size or color, it's probably fine. You could have just scratched it, or it could be an ingrown hair or pimple or something.

I'm not a doctor, just my two cents, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM

It seems to look smaller than usual to me but like I said I never really paid much attention to it. It is also red and feels a bit swollen. 

Quoting Anonymous: Could just be that a pimple is forming under or very near it

The obvious worry is cancer. Has it changed color, size, or shape? The good news is that cancer isn't usually painful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Thats good ti wasnt something serious! I am hoping thats the case for me as well. Thank you for replying

Quoting Anonymous: I had this happen recently. It turned out to be a pimple. I'm not really sure if the pimple was on the mole or behind it.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Probably just a pimple/acne. I get red bumps on my face in various places, sometimes it happens to be under a mole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

It looks red to me but I have never really paid much attetion to it until it started hurting. I'm hoping it's not anything serious though. Thank you for replying! 

Quoting Zazayam:

If it hasn't changed shape or size or color, it's probably fine. You could have just scratched it, or it could be an ingrown hair or pimple or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I've never had this happen but it's good to know it happens and it could just be that. Thanks for replying! 

Quoting Retrokitty: Probably just a pimple/acne. I get red bumps on my face in various places, sometimes it happens to be under a mole.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Good luck :)

I have a mole near my collar bone that started hurting like that. After one too many google searches I knew I was dying, and I was convinced it was changing colors and stuff. I had an ant bite, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks red to me but I have never really paid much attetion to it until it started hurting. I'm hoping it's not anything serious though. Thank you for replying! 

Quoting Zazayam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)