Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15 year old DS told my DH and I that he was gay tonight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I told him that I would support him and that I loved him. MY DH said nothing he just walked into the room and shut the door. he hasnt been out and I just walk to the door and make sure he is okay. He is setting at the side of the bed and has been doing taht for two hours. I dont think my DH is taking it wel but I know he loves our son.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
He probably just needs to process. At least he didn't say something he would regret!
kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Glad to hear you're supposrtive, I hope dh comes around. I'm sure its a lot to take in.

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I hope your dh comes around.  Your son must be devasted right now.  We're you surprised?

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this

If either one of my children told me they were gay it wouldn't change anything for DH and I. My daughters best friend came out to us when she was 13 and was to scared to tell her parents until she was 16,we told her when she decided to tell her parents that she was welcome to live with us if they didn't take it well. Needless to say less than five minutes after telling them she was on the phone telling us she needed to stay with us because they kicked her out. She has been a part of our family just as if I gave birth to her. Her girlfriend and her double dated to homecoming,prom and just about every other function  with my daughter and her boyfriend. They are now 21 years old and her girlfriend and her are still together and have there own place. She has decided she want's to go through with male to female therapy, hormone therapy and then finally the surgery. She is still covered on our insurance and whatever they won't cover we will glady pay it because it's something she needs to be the person she should have been at birth. Her nor her girlfriend don't have any other adult support other than from my family. She doesn't get upset about not having her bio-family anymore,she just says that her and my daughter were born as fraternal twins but the hospital screwed up. She is just a great person whom I love as much as my own daughter and son. Your husband should come around soon just remind them that it may be hard for him but this is tearing your son up inside because this is who he really is and most of his life he will be judged as gay first,before any other accomplishment he has. I want to tell your son congratulations for showing who he truely is and not being afraid to speak out. You are a great mother to have the attitude that you do and he is going to need your shoulder to cry on for many days and nights. Just please always be there for him. Please message me if you or he ever need someone to lean on that has been through this before. Good luck raising such a courageous young man.

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I actually kind of hope that, if I have a son, he turns out to be gay. I love gay people. I get along better with them than anyone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I'm sure that's a lot to take in, but congrats for not kicking him out or anything. I'm sure your husband just needs to let it process. It must have taken a lot of courage for him to come out, and I'm glad he did. He needs a lot of support and you sound like a loving family, good luck :)
CrossStitchMum
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Men usually need to get away from everything to process stuff. If he was angry he would of said something straight away.
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM

this is a really good video i came across and its very insightful, you may want to share with your dh and even your son. its very supportive of having those hard converstations and how important it is to have them.  i just love it because what she says is so very true...

pinkiebabii
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Why would you wish for your child to go through something like that?

Quoting Neko_Nightstar:

I actually kind of hope that, if I have a son, he turns out to be gay. I love gay people. I get along better with them than anyone else.

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM

All I wish for is my kids to be happy, whether it is with another man or a woman. I am bisexual and I'm pretty happy about it. If that is what my kids choose, I'll be happy for them. I will also be happy for them if they are straight. 

Quoting pinkiebabii:
Why would you wish for your child to go through something like that?

Quoting Neko_Nightstar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)