Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's 25° out and I'm about to...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 23 Replies
Rebuild my chicken yard.

I've been needing to move my chicken yard for months now, and I really need to build them a new coop. So in a few minutes I'm going to go work on clearing out the area where I want to put their new yard. If I don't get to cold I'll move their fence over as well.

Then tomorrow morning I'll start dismantling their old coop and building a new one in the area I want it to be. I'm crazy, I know. But I can't sleep right now anyway, might as well do something productive.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM
you go girl. ill think of you while i am all snug in my bed.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Mobile Photo

This is the coop and chicken yard as it is now. Well, I did a few other things to it. But this is basically it. I didn't know when I built it that it had to be further from my neighbor's fence. I just used an existing shed.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM
:)

I think I may be biting off more than I can chew right now... But I'm determined. And restless. I've put off this project for too long. I really need to make modifications to the coop for the winter anyway.

Quoting Mother.May.I.: you go girl. ill think of you while i am all snug in my bed.
Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM
I thought my nipples were going to break off putting feed and hay out for the cows when it was 5 degrees. Buy I didn't have a choice. What kind of chicken do you raise?

We raised baren? Rock a few years back. The black and white chickens.. Not sure of the name is right.

Quoting Johariz: :)

I think I may be biting off more than I can chew right now... But I'm determined. And restless. I've put off this project for too long. I really need to make modifications to the coop for the winter anyway.

Quoting Mother.May.I.: you go girl. ill think of you while i am all snug in my bed.
balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Thinking about redoing a chicken coop makes me very glad that I made DH and DS1 rebuild ours last year after raccoons got in - twice.

We had a Barre Rock. She was very sweet and seemed even dumber than the rest. She was probably the ring leader. Came home one day and she had just died, no obvious reason. I think she might have had an original thought and it gave her a heart attack.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Chickens are funny. I really should have redone the coop this fall. But dh was supposed to pick up pallets for me to do it, he never did. So I'm just going to tear down the shed I have now and use that.

Quoting balagan_imma:

Thinking about redoing a chicken coop makes me very glad that I made DH and DS1 rebuild ours last year after raccoons got in - twice.

We had a Barre Rock. She was very sweet and seemed even dumber than the rest. She was probably the ring leader. Came home one day and she had just died, no obvious reason. I think she might have had an original thought and it gave her a heart attack.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I have several breeds. Golden laced wyandotte, naked neck, silkie, cochin, bantam cochin, and two production reds. I had a barred rock and a few Easter eggers, but they died.

Quoting Mother.May.I.: I thought my nipples were going to break off putting feed and hay out for the cows when it was 5 degrees. Buy I didn't have a choice. What kind of chicken do you raise?

We raised baren? Rock a few years back. The black and white chickens.. Not sure of the name is right.

Quoting Johariz: :)

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM
What are the chickens called that have the floppy hair in their head? I think those are so cute. My mother in law had one that looked like a cocker spaniel lol.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Hit a bit of a snag. The battery on my drill is dead. So I have to let it charge for a bit until I can dismantle the chicken fence... sigh. I will move this thing tonight darnit!
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Silkie? Polish?

Quoting Mother.May.I.: What are the chickens called that have the floppy hair in their head? I think those are so cute. My mother in law had one that looked like a cocker spaniel lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)