Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting my sexy back!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

Anyone go to the gym regurlary or just started? Do you have a personal trainer and what are your weight goals? I am new to the gym scence and i just need some feedback. I am not famliar with a lot of the equipment and would like to know which are some of the machinces you ladies use often and what is good. I have heard that a trainer is a plus. i have been doing some research and found them to be quite expensive looks like i maybe breaking down ending up getting one pretty soon though lol.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I tried to have a trainer once. I let her know up front I couldn't afford it long term but I wanted a plan, some suggestions, and to get acquainted with the equipment and proper form.
I wasn't satisfied. She didn't push me hard enough, we barely used any equipment. I'm working out at home now and doing great. I've had surgeries and got lazy recently so I've just started. Already stronger and down about 6lbs.
•Just started 30 day shred
•Running 3-4 days a week alternating long distance and interval training
•30 day squat challenge
•Doing planks daily and am up to a full minute as of today.
•Dieting as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM
30 day shred is awesome. I also like ripped in 30.

Quoting cntrdmom: I tried to have a trainer once. I let her know up front I couldn't afford it long term but I wanted a plan, some suggestions, and to get acquainted with the equipment and proper form.

I wasn't satisfied. She didn't push me hard enough, we barely used any equipment. I'm working out at home now and doing great. I've had surgeries and got lazy recently so I've just started. Already stronger and down about 6lbs.

•30 day squat challenge

•Dieting as well.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I did my second day today and it was good. I liked it. I may do ripped in 30 next. That's a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous: 30 day shred is awesome. I also like ripped in 30.

Quoting cntrdmom: I tried to have a trainer once. I let her know up front I couldn't afford it long term but I wanted a plan, some suggestions, and to get acquainted with the equipment and proper form.

•30 day squat challenge

•Dieting as well.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Some gyms offer a trainer to get you familiar with the equipment.  Have you asked for that?

cdjd23
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM
I wouldn't worry about getting on the machines to much to start. Treadmill or elliptical are pretty easy to figure out and free weights are better to start with IMO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I have about 6 of her videos. I like those two because they aren't long workouts. No more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism are good too. They last about 45 minutes and are pretty intense workouts but there is only one workout on each DVD.

Quoting cntrdmom: I did my second day today and it was good. I liked it. I may do ripped in 30 next. That's a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous: 30 day shred is awesome. I also like ripped in 30.

•30 day squat challenge

•Dieting as well.
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been going to the gym regularly for a couple years now. My gym gives you a free session with a personal trainer when you sign up, see if yours offers something similar. Also most gyms give a tour and basic how-to of the machines, don't be shy to ask if you're not sure how to use something. That's better than hurting yourself by winging it lol.

Google Jamie Eason's live fit program, that's a great place to start. She gives you a workout for each day, and there are video links on the site that demonstrate how it's done. It's a 12 week program, I've done it several times just because I love it so much lol.

Anyways good for you on getting started. You can do it!
Blessed4x86
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Whats the 30 day shred and squat challenge?

•30 day squat challenge
•Dieting as well.

Blessed4x86
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM

No i havent i assumed you had to get your own trainer. i will inquire about that thanks

Quoting anotherhalf:

Some gyms offer a trainer to get you familiar with the equipment.  Have you asked for that?

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Mobile Photo

Hopefully this is clear enough. Tomorrow I have to do 100 squats. Just make sure you have proper form and are doing the squats well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)