Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She said I stole her name so she's stealing it back kind of. ****UPDATE!!!!****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this

My SIL is 12 years older than me(I'm 30). I had my first 2 years ago when her youngest was 14. She told me then that she'd always liked the name Ava, but she and her husband were done having kids. I had a boy.

I just had a daughter 2 days ago and named her Ava and I got a call from SIL, she was crying. She said I stole her name and she is going to have her tubal reversed so she can get her name back. And that I'm a bitch and am dead to her since I am so disloyal. W.T.F.

I called my SIL this morning. She was immediately apologetic and mortified. She said her lash out wasn't really about the name Ava, but that her husband got laid off 2 weeks ago and she has been keeping it a secret from the family. She said she freaked out because everyone of us is so happy and she couldn't take it anymore being so miserable and alone. I feel so bad for her. She seemed better today, we talked for a couple of hours and even had a few laughs. Even if there was truth to her lash out, her thinking I stole the name, she is okay with it and said it will not be a point of contention for us, and how ridiculous she is. I love my SIL. I do wish we lived closer so I could be there for them now. I'm going to try to be closer to her and more supportive.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:21 AM
7 moms liked this

Holy shit.

That's a special level of crazy.

TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Lmfao

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That's is a new level of crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Have fun with that...
Franbuessa
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM
5 moms liked this
So many pretty names out there, why take her secret baby name?
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Really?  All that over a name?  Her reaction does not seem appropriate for the situation.  I am not saying there is more to the story, but maybe she is going through some other things and this was just her "breaking point" and she redirected that anger, stress, etc towards you.  However, even if this is the case, her reaction was completely inappropriate and I hope she understands it pretty soon and apologizes (and maybe gets some counseling).    

wiersma98
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM

WTF??   Was she DRUNK??    In any case -- I would IGNORE her.  Seriously.   Absolutely ignore her.   Pretend the phone call never happened.   Don't make any attempt to talk to her.    If there is a family gathering, act like nothing ever happened.    Allow her to save face (in case she was drunk...or something).    I seriously doubt she'll have her tubal reversed.   Who knows what set her off (aside from her jealousy over your new daughter).   I have a SIL who is psychotic that way.    For the sake of your family, just let it go.

teddysmama09
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Is she aware if how many Ava's there are on this planet? It's not like she made it up. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM
4 moms liked this

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN...... ask her how much she paid for the "copyright"???LMAOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM
5 moms liked this
She overreacted for sure (and what if she gets pregnant with a boy?!)

BUT

I hate name stealers. If someone tells you a name that they wanna use you could at least ask if they mind...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN