Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gender disappointment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, and wanted to ask a question to see if anyone else felt the way I do and how they dealt with it. I have two beautiful sons, ages 10 and 4. They are wonderful, and I love them so much. However, when I was pregnant I found out that they were boys, and was EXTREMELY disappointed and even got depressed for the remainder of my pregnancy. I've wanted a little girl for as long as I can remember. My partner and I wanted a baby and tried to get pregnant, and now I am at the end of my first trimester. We agreed not to find out the gender until the baby is born. But it's driving me crazy, because I want a girl more than anything and am scared that I'll end up getting another boy. I know all I should wish for is a healthy baby, and I seem very ungrateful. But I'm wondering if anyone else ever felt the same and what did you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I was glad to have a son, I don't know that I would relate well to a girl

princess_1983
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

We wanted a girl but got a boy instead. My son is 6 and is funny, cute and has a great personality. I am happy I had him instead of a girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Yep. I am unwilling to even try again because it would be unfair to the baby if it turns out to be a boy because I simply do not want another son. I love my sons and was totally meant to be their momma but I know how unhappy i would be if I had another child and it turned out not to be a daughter.

leksismommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I have two girls, I was a little sad with the second. I wanted a girl and boy, we knew we were done after the second one. I love the heck out of my girls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I would find out before the baby is born.  We didn't find out with our first because we honestly didn't care.  This pregnancy we found out because we both wanted a girl - turned out we're having another son so it was good to get a chance to get excited about having brothers so it didn't ruin our first moment with our new son.

If we have another I do hope it would be a girl.  I would really like to have a daughter.

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont understand gender disapointment to be honest...why can people be happy to have a healthy baby? my brother and his wife found out they are having a boy yesterday and his wife cried becuase she wanted a girl, becuase theres only 2 grand daughters, 13 years apart...theres NO point in being upset over something you have no control over...

pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM

No, I got lucky. I wanted a boy with my first, and a girl with my second, and that's what I got.

I'm not sure how I would have felt with my first, but the second I would have been happy either way.

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I was a little bummed when I found out my second was a boy. Not because I didnt want a boy but I really thought it was a girl and was all set on it.
Took me a week or two to get over myself.
I love team boy!
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought I wanted a girl UNTIL I had my boys.  Now I know I was never meant to be the mother of girls.

4 bio boys and raising my friends 3 boys so yes 7 boys not one girl.  16, 15, 12, 7, 7, 5 and 22mo's. 

MaryJanesFlower
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I'm pregnant with my fourth girl. I have aways wanted a boy since my first. I hoped and prayed each time and every time I herd it's a girl the harder it was to accept. I sobbed on the ultrasound table. Thankfully my feelings got better with time. . What u are feeling is very normal and natural. I know how u feel, probably more so because of the every day remarks I get that I'm having yet another girl. But I'm certain when u see your beautiful baby it won't matter if it's a boy or girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)