Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you tell people you have kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
Ive been talking to a few friends i had back in high school recently.. Its been so long i havent talked to them. We talk about what weve been up to and things like that. The few friends ive talked to dont have kids so i dont feel no reason to mention my toddler either. I just dont tell them i have a kid and just talk about other stuff with them. Do you ALWAYS mention your kids or sometimes just dont feel the need to?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I don't think it's a requirement, but if I haven't seen someone in a few years and had since had kids I would mention them as an important part of my life.  That's a prettty big area in terms of what I've been up to.

princess_1983
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

People ask my why I only have 1 kid and when am I going to have another.

the_dude
by abides on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

well , all my friends have kids, and most of theirs are older than mine. i the last one to have kids, so yeah. that's what we talk about, because for like the past decade that's all they have talked about lol.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I tell them. I won't talk a lot about them, but I do say I have them

Lilfootmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Always
Aujonfire
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
If course I would tell them I have kids. Seems silly not to. I wouldn't bring them up in every single conversation but I certainly wouldn't leave them out of "what I've been up to."
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Oh, I brag on my babies xD mostly because most of my HS friends are in college getting drunk and sleeping around while I got my life in check. 

MamaCat1121
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM

if i see someone that i haven't seen in a while, yea i'll tell them i have kids now. Why wouldn't you?

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM
This!

Quoting Aujonfire: If course I would tell them I have kids. Seems silly not to. I wouldn't bring them up in every single conversation but I certainly wouldn't leave them out of "what I've been up to."
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Do I acknowledge that I have children?  Yes.  Do I need to talk about them all the time?  No.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured