Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher correcting your spelling in a note.

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine just put on FB that her sons teacher corrects her spelling and grammar in notes she sends, with a red pen, and sends them back in her sons backpack.
Would this make you mad?
She posted about it because she recieved a note from the teacher regarding a "ripe" in her sons coat.  And she is considering correcting it and sending it back lol.
Thoughts? 

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
princessputter
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Buy your friend a dictionary...

HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh. I would consider correspondence between myself and the school to be important enough to proof read. So no, it wouldn't make me mad to be corrected.

I probably would correct the note that was sent to me. Just because I think that's pretty funny.

princess_1983
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I wouldn't waste my time. 

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM
That seems quite passive aggressive.. I wouldn't like it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Tell her to go for it.

And yes, that would make me mad. If it continued, I'd be sending her an email saying, "You are not my teacher. I'm an adult, don't be correcting me like I'm one of your students." With a CC to the principal. 

lacyleanne
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

No that wouldn't make me mad, but I'd be embarassed. I'd definitely send it back though. lol 

LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Eh, some people just aren't great at spelling.  I know this girl pretty well and she isn't a complete moron, any errors she makes are somewhat understandable. Not like you can hit spell check on a hand written note, you know?
She's always bitching about this teacher lol. 

Quoting HippieMomma08:

Meh. I would consider correspondence between myself and the school to be important enough to proof read. So no, it wouldn't make me mad to be corrected.

I probably would correct the note that was sent to me. Just because I think that's pretty funny.

heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM
How childish. Why stoop to the teacher's level? I would be discussing the teacher with the principal as it isn't her job to correct me as a parent (and how disrespectful) and ignoring her errors because we are all make mistakes every now and then!
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM
LOL

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I'd just be worried that the woman teaching my kid can't spell  rip!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)