Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher correcting your spelling in a note.

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine just put on FB that her sons teacher corrects her spelling and grammar in notes she sends, with a red pen, and sends them back in her sons backpack.
Would this make you mad?
She posted about it because she recieved a note from the teacher regarding a "ripe" in her sons coat.  And she is considering correcting it and sending it back lol.
Thoughts? 

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have had a talk with the teacher the first time it happened. That level of disrespect is not tolerated here.

I proofread what I write, but we are ALL human and make mistakes. Also, if she's correcting the note, is she really paying attention to the message of the note? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
The teacher should correct the spelling of that horrible name too.
faire_jour
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Make you "made"?

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
That's sort of childish IMO. I think misspelling common words that an elementary aged kid spells correctly is pretty moronic , but I don't see how it's a teachers place to correct an adult.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Was this a joke or for real? I wasn't sure lol.

Quoting incogNinja: LOL

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

Blaiden
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
This.

Quoting Msgme:

it would not make me angry if the teahher did that.  However, I would jump at the chance to correct the teacher.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I think she meant it as a joke

Quoting Blueliner:

Was this a joke or for real? I wasn't sure lol.

Quoting incogNinja: LOL

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
This cracked me up. Absolutely do it back.
TheSilence
by Remember Me on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I would! That would piss me off if a teacher corrected my notes and sent them back to me. I would take it to the principal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I had a teacher send a note one time telling me my child was coughing all day and she thought she was coughing on "flem". wth! I soooo wanted to write back that it was PHLEGM.

But I didnt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)