Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher correcting your spelling in a note.

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine just put on FB that her sons teacher corrects her spelling and grammar in notes she sends, with a red pen, and sends them back in her sons backpack.
Would this make you mad?
She posted about it because she recieved a note from the teacher regarding a "ripe" in her sons coat.  And she is considering correcting it and sending it back lol.
Thoughts? 

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have had a talk with the teacher the first time it happened. That level of disrespect is not tolerated here.

I proofread what I write, but we are ALL human and make mistakes. Also, if she's correcting the note, is she really paying attention to the message of the note? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
The teacher should correct the spelling of that horrible name too.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Make you "made"?

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
That's sort of childish IMO. I think misspelling common words that an elementary aged kid spells correctly is pretty moronic , but I don't see how it's a teachers place to correct an adult.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Was this a joke or for real? I wasn't sure lol.

Quoting incogNinja: LOL

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

Blaiden
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
This.

Quoting Msgme:

it would not make me angry if the teahher did that.  However, I would jump at the chance to correct the teacher.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I think she meant it as a joke

Quoting Blueliner:

Was this a joke or for real? I wasn't sure lol.

Quoting incogNinja: LOL

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
This cracked me up. Absolutely do it back.
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I would! That would piss me off if a teacher corrected my notes and sent them back to me. I would take it to the principal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I had a teacher send a note one time telling me my child was coughing all day and she thought she was coughing on "flem". wth! I soooo wanted to write back that it was PHLEGM.

But I didnt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)