Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher correcting your spelling in a note.

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine just put on FB that her sons teacher corrects her spelling and grammar in notes she sends, with a red pen, and sends them back in her sons backpack.
Would this make you mad?
She posted about it because she recieved a note from the teacher regarding a "ripe" in her sons coat.  And she is considering correcting it and sending it back lol.
Thoughts? 

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
homeschoolmom9
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Quoting .MiP.:

If the teacher is doing it to her, she absolutely should do it back!

LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous: The teacher should correct the spelling of that horrible name too.

Kasen?  I've met quite afew little boys with that name.  I actually have an ex in-law with a son named Kasen.  I don't think it's that bad.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Haha I just saw that. For some reason my phone has been changing my words on somethings with this new update I did lol

Quoting faire_jour:

Make you "made"?

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It was fitting, haha!

Quoting amy1will: Haha I just saw that. For some reason my phone has been changing my words on somethings with this new update I did lol

Quoting faire_jour:

Make you "made"?

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Its a teacher did that to me, I would contact the principal immediately. She is my child's teacher not mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
You have no idea how bad I want to do this to my dd's teacher. She can't even figure out the difference between to and too.

Quoting almondpigeon: I did that with a teacher once. Of course, the teacher was the devil incarnate. She told me I was a bad mother because my 6 yo stared out the window while she was teaching. I bought a red pen and started correcting all of her notes.
bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Lol. If the teacher can dish it, I sure hope she can take it. Id correct it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I have absolutey corrected grammar and spelling from teachers.  It drives me batty,

Fairywings1223
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I would correct it and send it back. lol

4weeman
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Oh for sure. What a bitch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)