Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher correcting your spelling in a note.

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine just put on FB that her sons teacher corrects her spelling and grammar in notes she sends, with a red pen, and sends them back in her sons backpack.
Would this make you mad?
She posted about it because she recieved a note from the teacher regarding a "ripe" in her sons coat.  And she is considering correcting it and sending it back lol.
Thoughts? 

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM
It was a mistake lol. With the update my phone did its been changing words a lot.

Quoting Blueliner:

Was this a joke or for real? I wasn't sure lol.

Quoting incogNinja: LOL

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I think it's very unprofessional of the teacher and I would bring it to the attention of the principal.  I would also correct her spelling with a red pen and send it back to her. 

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I would of laughed said boy that is one anal person.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM
That's kind of funny
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Do it!! I'm going to warn you, though...it could likely end in a show down with the teacher in the principal's office. That crazy woman ended up telling me that because of ds' s reckless behavior, he was statistically likely to die in a car crash. He was 6 at the time and his "reckless" behaviour was asking to go to the bathroom after lunch. That woman was evil.

That was probably more than you wanted to know :)

Quoting LilysMama719: You have no idea how bad I want to do this to my dd's teacher. She can't even figure out the difference between to and too.

Quoting almondpigeon: I did that with a teacher once. Of course, the teacher was the devil incarnate. She told me I was a bad mother because my 6 yo stared out the window while she was teaching. I bought a red pen and started correcting all of her notes.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM
That's kind of funny
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Do you have a Galaxy? I just did my update the other day and it keeps changing mine too, even after I change it back several times. LOL It's so annoying.

I would absolutely correct the note OP.

Quoting amy1will: Haha I just saw that. For some reason my phone has been changing my words on somethings with this new update I did lol

Quoting faire_jour:

Make you "made"?

Quoting amy1will: I would do it. That would make me made if my kids teacher did thay.

Serabeth06
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:19 AM

If the teacher does it to her, I say, why not? Red pen it and send it back.

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:19 AM

If I did it, I'd do it in a lighthearted manner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM

It would annoy me and yes I would correct the teacher's spelling with a red pen and return it back to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)