Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sophie the Giraffe...Amber Teething necklaces...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My four month old got a Sophie the Giraffe for Christmas and she loves it!!  She holds it and chews on it all day.  I highly recommend one for anyone with a baby.  :)  

I don't have an Amber teething necklace yet, but my "crunchie" friends swear by them.  Does anyone have them for their babies?  Do they really work that well?  We are ordering one in a few days, but I wanted to know if there are any "non-crunchie" moms out there who use it?  LOL  

This was not meant to offend anyone, my crunchie friends know I call them crunchie and they are fine with it. :) I'm really just asking a question and I do not mean to insult anyone at all.  Thanks! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cearet353
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I do and it works wonders
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I'm really skeptical on the amber necklaces. From what I've read while researching them, body temperature is not a high enough temperature to release the analgesics in the amber.
Also, if it IS, then your child is basically getting an unregulated dose of it. Idk. Personally, I think it's like a placebo.
Jadnorton
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM
I do. And it's working for my 4 month old. But make sure it is real amber. My first one wasn't and I had to return it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM
How can it be a placebo? The baby has no clue what the necklace is for.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm really skeptical on the amber necklaces. From what I've read while researching them, body temperature is not a high enough temperature to release the analgesics in the amber.

Also, if it IS, then your child is basically getting an unregulated dose of it. Idk. Personally, I think it's like a placebo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I have an amber bracelet that I made for my mom. She was iffy so I started wearing it.  I think it works. 

Yogamom08
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM
We have an amber necklace. I say it works, but they have to wear it all the time aside from baths. Wrap it around the ankle for overnight.
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM

My 8 month old LOVES Sophie! I used an amber teething necklace on my other son and it seemed to work ok. I lost it, otherwise my little one would be wearing it.
I breastfeed, baby wear, co sleep, and use alternative methods.... I don't consider myself a crunchy mom, I just consider myself a mom. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrooklynsMom11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I thought about Sophie with my first but they were a bit pricey for a chew toy imo. I may reconsider for 3 month dd now. She is eating up her hands amd could use something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Where do u find this Sophie?
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM
My DD loves Sophie too! She also got Coco the monkey, or whatever it's name is, for Christmas... she still prefers Sophie.

Anyway, I want to try an Amber teething necklace, but I'm scared it will be a fake. I've heard great things about them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)