Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Updated! My new bling!!! Go on, show me yours if you want!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 343 Replies
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is the engagement ring part to my new wedding set DH bought me.

When we first started out, he couldn't afford much so I had a simple little white gold and cubic zirconia ring from Walmart. I loved it though but after I had my last child, things got bad for us and I was a bit depressed and I gained a LOT of weight. My rings no longer fit and I was afraid to have them enlarged because the bands were already pretty thin.

So I stopped wearing them. I've been trying to lose the weight but I stopped my diet for the holidays because I have zero will power! Lol! So I still have chubby fingers as you can see.

Well DH said he wanted to replace my rings with good quality ones with real stones. So we went to Shane Co. and found some gorgeous rings.

They have a deal where your stones hold their value and you can upgrade them later. So this is my first stone. This ring has a wrap band with another 1/4 ct worth of diamonds and a 1/2 ct worth of Kentucky blue sapphires to go with it. That piece is still in layaway and he will pay that off in a month.

But for now I have the solitaire and my finger no longer feels empty! The diamond is slightly under 1/2 ct. I think it's .46 ct.

He has his eye on a .78 ct one with better shine to upgrade with later.

I do love my handsome DH. :)

Show me your pretty rings! I love a good ring post!

UPDATE:

Wow! So many gorgeous rings! Love them all! I can't believe how fast my notifications box blew up! Lol!

And to the ladies arguing about sizes:
Size doesn't really matter to anyone. You like what you like. It doesn't cheapen the thought or love behind your ring if your diamonds aren't as big or even real.

But don't lie about it to try to impress people. We're women here- we know our jewels! Lol!

And I have to admit I made a mistake in my original post. My stone is currently not a diamond. While it IS .46 total carat weight, it is a white sapphire. Slightly less brilliant than a diamond but just as pretty, durable, and valuable.

Well, it's a bit less pricey but DH does have an actual diamond picked out to upgrade it with later and the wrap does contain real diamonds each are 1/8 ct. We looked at so many settings and stones that day that I couldn't remember which stone DH went with first. I had to check the paperwork.

But I don't mind. My ring is gorgeous to me and I love it. I can't wait to get the wrap and show you all what it looks like together.

You all have amazing rings and even though some are definitely not my style, I still think they are lovely.

Thanks for sharing all your pics and thanks for all the comments on mine.

Now back to ring sharing and be nice! Lol!
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Your ring is pretty!

We just got the two medium sized diamonds added to my ring:)
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM

cute!

Krysta784
by Dani on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Mobile Photo

This is the wrap we have in layaway. Oh I can't wait to have it too!
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I loveeeeeee it! The heart ones are my favorite :)
Motherof_one
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM
6 moms liked this

Krysta784
by Dani on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yours is so unique! It's really pretty. I bet it sparkles a bunch!

Quoting Amiehart62:

Mobile Photo

Your ring is pretty!

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Thank you:) the place we got it at makes their own pieces! It sparkles for sure:)

The Solitaire was my great grandmas. I love these ring posts! There are a lot of cool stories behind them!

Quoting Krysta784: Yours is so unique! It's really pretty. I bet it sparkles a bunch!

Quoting Amiehart62:

Mobile Photo

Your ring is pretty!

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it. So pretty congrats!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN