Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hold me accountable...call me a dumb f***

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:52 PM
  • 339 Replies
3 moms liked this

So, we tried to fix this problem last year and failed.  But, it is totally ridiculous and I am sick of it.  

We WASTE so much money eating out and on food in general.  We just get whatever we want, when want, any time we want it.  Dumb.  We could be saving over $1000 per month in addition to our other savings if we weren't just blowing it on food.

This is how ridiculous it is. Go ahead and bash and make me feel bad because we need to change this problem.

We spent $3,120.32 in December on food, eating out, coffee, etc...

Oh my goodness. That is what we do when totally unchecked and not monitoring how much we are spending.

For the new year, I said enough is enough.

I started using mint.com again so that I can easily watch where money is going and maintain a budget.

I have decided to try and keep our food spending under $1500/month this year. I am monitoring this month and being pretty strict. I am hoping to be able to budget even less than that as we grow accustomed to it. 

$1500! That is less than half of what we were spending.  

Tell me how fucking stupid we are.

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Put that money towards a damn vacation and  enjoy a week somewhere. Instead os 2/ 3  months of eating out !

Ghost_Flowers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM
30 moms liked this
I don't even make in a month what you spent on just food holy shit!!!
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this
yea, that's pretty fucking stupid lol

I know you can cook, I've seen your dishes. you've posted them before. cook woman! lol
Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Wow...um...that is what we make a month. I couldn't imagine. We have $400 a month for food and maybe $50 a month for coffee and dinner out.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Shit. That's ridiculous.
caustinb
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah...i can't yell at you. We suck too. Not just food and eating out though. It's our new years resolution to start paying attention to where it all goes!
princessputter
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I spend around 950.00 per month on food for the house and eating out .. 6 times a month

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM
That's pretty crazy. We have 3 people and spend about $300 MAX. We eat really healthy, no red meat, lots of veggies.

Think of all of the other things you could be spending your money on, how much healthier you would be, and I have no idea how much you weigh but I'm sure you would also be losing weight because you're not eating out.

Lilith.23
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this
O.o lmfao that could be paying 3 people's rent!
Jesus! TrouserMouse, bad bad mousy. Get that under control.
Go out maybe twice a month and put that extra money for vacations, savings etc.
Try it for 6 months and i swear you'll be amazed on the amount you saved. Good luck, quit being dumb :p
Mrs.Godfrey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM

i can not fathom that being my food bill... for five of us we spend a third or less of that! ouch

-Edit- i wanted to add that i was reffering to the 1500 food budget. we spend less than a 3rd of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured