Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you get your LO to the car when its FREEZING??

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 108 Replies
So my son is 9mo and we recently switched him to a convertible car seat (still rear facing for the car seat Nazis) but since your not supposed to put them in a Snowsuit while in a car seat, how do you keep them warm on the way to the car?

I know it's not a HUGE walk for most but I've just been bundling him in blankets while going in and out of stores and such. Jw what you moms of little ones do keep them warm and cozy!! Thanks mamas!!
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Dress him warmly and bring a blanket. I always warmed up my car before taking them out. They can wear a coat to and from the car, just not in the carseat. 

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM

my daughter is a year old and i put her coat on her and then take it off to put her in her carseat. when i take her out of the carseat i lean her forward and put her coat back on her before taking her out of the car.

Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I do it as quickly as possible while still being safe about it.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:18 PM
In a coat...
I just take it off before I put him in.
crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM
3 moms liked this
My car is in the garage.
NancyB10
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

We have blanket poncho

Molz09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Thermal undies/fleece jacket. Then we keep a blanket in the car if he wants it.

He did fine during the -30 weather we just had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Fleece coat, hats and gloves while buckled in. My kids sometimes keep a small blanket in their lap if we are coming from the store and the car hasn't warmed up yet....or buckle and put their coat on backwards over them. 

preacherskid
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Put the coat on them on the way to the van, take it off once they get in the van, then turn it backwards and put their arms through the sleeves once they are buckled in.  Keeps them warm with only a minor interruption.

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I do the same thing, really.  I live in southeastern VA so it's not nearly as cold as my hometown (upstate NY), but I put DD in a fleece jacket that's warm but thin enough for her car seat, a hat, and I wrap her in a blanket.  That way she's safe in the car seat and I can still wrap her in the blanket.  I keep a thick jacket and extra blanket in the car just in case anything happens and the car breaks down and I have to walk somewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)