Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scariest situation you've ever been in.

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 241 Replies
1 mom liked this

Share the scariest situations you've ever been in!

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Knock on wood. Haven't had any
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM

A woman tried to kill me in a homeless shelter.......

rugratwrangler
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I was home with my kids just had my youngest dd c section a week before and my dh was at work. It was about 2 am I was bfing the baby and I heard our sliding door slid open. Peeked out and some guy was in my house. Grabbed my gun and called 911 and about shit myself. I yelled out to the guy I have a gun and I will kill you the police are already on the way. He ran out. They caught what I think was him down the block.
Jensep
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:56 PM
6 moms liked this

I was babysitting my 10 year old sister & 9 year old cousin one night. My (then 2 yr old) was sleeping up in his room, and DH was up stairs in our bed. I had a "camp out" in the living room with the younger girls. I woke up at 3am to a loud crash downstairs (we live in a tri-level) I sat up, thought maybe I was dreaming, and laid back down. A few min later I heard stuff breaking & loud crashes again! I woke up the girls told them to go in my sons room & lock the door! I woke up my DH and he came downstairs, he opened the door & we noticed that the ground level window was broken. I was on the phone with 911 at this point! My husband went down stairs & opened the door to my sons play room, that is where the noise was coming from...he peeked in & screamed and then slammed it shut! He shouted "there's a deer in there" yep, a deer broke into our house, fell right through the window! The police showed up right away & helped us get it out...I had hours upon hours of cleaning to do...what a mess, but I guess a deer is better than a person!   And before people say my DH is crazy for "investigating" he was well prepared with a weapon...

Jensep
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rugratwrangler: I was home with my kids just had my youngest dd c section a week before and my dh was at work. It was about 2 am I was bfing the baby and I heard our sliding door slid open. Peeked out and some guy was in my house. Grabbed my gun and called 911 and about shit myself. I yelled out to the guy I have a gun and I will kill you the police are already on the way. He ran out. They caught what I think was him down the block.

One of my biggest fears! Thank god you were awake & heard him whe you did!!!

jordynlee18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's funny, but only because it didn't happen to me. :)

Quoting Jensep:

I was babysitting my 10 year old sister & 9 year old cousin one night. My (then 2 yr old) was sleeping up in his room, and DH was up stairs in our bed. I had a "camp out" in the living room with the younger girls. I woke up at 3am to a loud crash downstairs (we live in a tri-level) I sat up, thought maybe I was dreaming, and laid back down. A few min later I heard stuff breaking & loud crashes again! I woke up the girls told them to go in my sons room & lock the door! I woke up my DH and he came downstairs, he opened the door & we noticed that the ground level window was broken. I was on the phone with 911 at this point! My husband went down stairs & opened the door to my sons play room, that is where the noise was coming from...he peeked in & screamed and then slammed it shut! He shouted "there's a deer in there" yep, a deer broke into our house, fell right through the window! The police showed up right away & helped us get it out...I had hours upon hours of cleaning to do...what a mess, but I guess a deer is better than a person!   And before people say my DH is crazy for "investigating" he was well prepared with a weapon...

Jensep
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Quoting -Celestial-: Knock on wood. Haven't had any

Good! :)

Jensep

We laugh about it now...but I have never been so scared in my life!!!

Quoting jordynlee18: That's funny, but only because it didn't happen to me. :)

Quoting Jensep:

rugratwrangler
Yeah I know! I was so thankful too. So scary

Quoting Jensep:

Quoting rugratwrangler: I was home with my kids just had my youngest dd c section a week before and my dh was at work. It was about 2 am I was bfing the baby and I heard our sliding door slid open. Peeked out and some guy was in my house. Grabbed my gun and called 911 and about shit myself. I yelled out to the guy I have a gun and I will kill you the police are already on the way. He ran out. They caught what I think was him down the block.

One of my biggest fears! Thank god you were awake & heard him whe you did!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Spinning out of control in the highway, while it was white out, roads were shit and we couldn't stop to wait for it to pass because no rest areas. It was me, dh driving, two toddlers in the. Back. Good thing there was no on coming traffic because we kind of did an s in the other lane then circled back into our lane. Dh Andbim were filled with anxiety and shaking webhad to pull over for minute to getba hold of ourselves. Kids were fine, I just thank god no one wasvbehind us or coming towards us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)