Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hell yeah my DD hit your dog over the head with a shovel! YOU pay.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies
2 moms liked this

I left for work telling my DD to let the dog out as I was leaving. I get in the car and drive off to get a call from her not 3 minutes later.

Apparently the neighbors big dog got out of the yard and charged into our garage and lunged at my DD and dog. Of course my dog (lab) would fight to the death for my DD. He got into it with the dog, who was coming for DD. So DD hit it over the head with a shovel. It STILL didn't stop and had a hold of her pants. She she hit it again harder. It ran out of the garage, leaving her crying on the floor. 

She called me telling me what happen so I came home, checked on her (she was fine just scared), and caught the dog. I was nice and took it to the vet as he was clearly hurt. 

Now the neighbors want me to pay? TF? your dog shouldn't have been a little terror! I think she should pay for my dogs bills! Her dog bit my dog on my property and could have gotten DD too! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:20 AM
46 moms liked this

Yeah, call the cops.  They'll be on your side.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Yes, the neighbors should pay for their dog bills. But you better hope that your dd doesnt get charged with animal cruelty

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM
25 moms liked this
Tell them to shove it and file a police report. Their dog shouldn't have been off the leash. Your daughter had every right to defend herself.

I personally would of done the same thing, maybe worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM
11 moms liked this

I would have shot it if that had happened to my DD to be honest. It would also be 100% legal for me to do that

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM
7 moms liked this

Quoting MamatoKy:

Yes, the neighbors should pay for their dog bills. But you better hope that your dd doesnt get charged with animal cruelty

What else should she have done? A dog larger than her was bitting her and her dog. She screamed at it to leave and it had a hold of her pants. Shit I would have done the same thing! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM
23 moms liked this

You cant be charged with animal cruelty if it is self defense or if you are defending your own animal 

Quoting MamatoKy:

imakehimscream
by He screams on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
For protecting herself?

Quoting MamatoKy:

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM
15 moms liked this
Why do people never call the police in these situations?
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I wouldn't pay them anything.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM
9 moms liked this
Animal cruelty?! We must have read different posts, in this one the girl was DEFENDING herself against a very aggressive dog.

Quoting MamatoKy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)