Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have a garage...............

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 170 Replies

If you have a garage, do you park your car in there? or do you store things in the garage and leave  your car in the driveway? 

my step sister is a hoarder and she just recently moved, and she has a three car garage, and she has boxes stacked to the CEILING. and there is no way to get a car in there. so my question is..why have a garage if your not going to keep your car in there?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
In Florida, many people use their garage for storage because we don't have basements like in other parts if the u.s. I have a two-car garage, and I can only fit one car at a time in it. My aunt has a huge basement full of junk, but her garage is empty.
Molz09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM
We park. It's better than scraping snow and Ice every morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I would love to. Unfortunately my husband is a mechanic , and a disorganized one. He doesnf work from home but he's still got quite the collection of shit he can't store at work.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:14 AM

We store things.. but it is a one car garage, and its really more of a barn....with a garage door.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM
We park both cars in it as well as our snowblower, lawn mower, wheel barrow, bicycles, air compressor, wet/dry vac, weedwacker, kiddie wagon, recycle bins, and various other items we store in there on a huge table. It is a 2 car garage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Shares garage with the neighbors (duplex) we use our side for storage. He uses his side to fix things n store their quads n dirt bikes ect.
Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I park in the garage, dh doesn't. We could probably squeeze both cars in there, but it would be really tight. He has shelves and his lawn mowers and such along the sides. I won't get in and out in the rain or scrape ice in the morning when I have a garage to park in though.
Roo1234
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM
We used to do both. We used the perimeter for storage and parked both cars in the middle. Right now we are preparing to move so our garage is being used for storage as we try to sell or home. The cars are in the driveway which isn't great in the winter
Sj218
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I park in the garage, but use the other side for storage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this

It came with the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)