Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Better Figure Out It Lady!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

My brother's ex GF Jessica acts like she's completely fucking helpless or something.

She doesn't drive, and when they were together depended on my brother to drive her and their 10 month old DD around.

Now they broke up and she acts like she can get nothing done.

Yesterday she asked on Facebook if anyone could give her a ride to a few places. It's been nice here with barely any snow on the ground and plenty warm enough to walk to those places-all in walking distance of her house.

She said she couldn't walk because she's *scared* to.

WTF? We don't live in the ghetto. It's completely safe to walk around here in the middle of the day.

Then she said she couldn't take the baby to her doctor to get shots because *she will cry* if someone else is not there, and she didn't have a ride.

Well guess what, no mother likes to see their baby cry but you do what you gotta do.

I told her her insurance pays for cabs to and from appointments. She doesn't utilize them and instead cries about not having a ride anywhere.

Well it's pretty simple, if you need to go to the grocery store and you truly have no ride and can't walk, tell your insurance paid for cabs that you need to stop at the Kroger pharmacy to pick up a prescription on the way home and pick up some groceries. Not exactly honest but you do what you gotta do.

She doesn't work and thinks my brother is going to be paying her some top dollar CS. Uh, my brother is a fry cook and he makes about 12 grand a year. My ex who makes 55 grand a year was ordered to pay me $450 a month in CS. She thinks she will get the same somehow.

She really needs to just grow up. If she chooses not to drive, we have a great public transit system here. I don't drive and I manage to get to work and take my child to the doctor as needed. It's not hard to figure out ESPECIALLY when you got people like me explaining how the buses work and telling you about the free cabs to medical appointments and pharmacies.

I get she is young, she is 21. But she's a Mom now so figure it out. I did, why can't she?

Do you know anyone like that? Just pisses and moans about having no money when they feel they are "too good" for a welfare check but also don't want to work and wants to depend on someone else to support her and do everything for her.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Sounds like someone needs to woman up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM

its always someone elses fault and someone elses responsibility .

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM

She'll figure it out eventually. She won't really have a choice.

Your brother should also try to get  better job though.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Not your business....not your problem, hide her FB posts if she gets on your nerves!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh it has nothing to do with her being young. It's entirely about her laziness and codependency.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM

whats worse is sh'es going to teach her dd to act the same way

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM

You many not live in the ghetto, but your language says otherwise.

Bee86lpn
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Seems like she needs to grow up... But so does your brother. If it's his kid why can't he take her to the doctor?
chicklopez
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM

actually 450 a month will be around what she is looking at. They dont care what or when he works. They will go by minimum wage at full time hours. Plus insurance coverage if she's on medicaid. 

She needs to figure out how to support herself though. If she gets rides to the dr she needs to use them. Guess she'll figure it out eventually. Though I guess if she cant take care of LO your brother should try for custody. Assuming he could get everything LO needs and take care of her like she deserves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM
You have no clue what a language of the poor and uneducated is like if you think one f bomb and a "wtf" sounds like someone from the ghetto.

Quoting suzanneyea:

You many not live in the ghetto, but your language says otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured