Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

25 never feels young to me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I hear people comment sometimes that I'm still young I'm only 25, I never feel young though. When I think young I think under 21 I guess. I've done so many things I just don't feel that young.

I went to college for a little while, I've traveled a few places, our car is paid off, we own our own home, I've been married twice, about to be five years with dh.

I have four children and planning our fifth and final one. I don't feel young at all I feel old even though I know age wise 25 isn't all that old.

Anyone else have a family young and feel older or at least like they don't fit in wkth other people their are ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VoodooVixen
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:05 AM

seems like you took life fast.  So did I. 

You are as young as you want to be.  Keep telling yourself you are old and you will feel old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM

wait another 25yrs...you won't feel like that anymore

Mrs.Vallo
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Yes Im 28 and people tell me that is young. I've been married divorced and married again. Have two kids been to collage and done some other stuff. I haven't felt Young since I turned 21

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I try not to feel that way but when I get around other people who are like 20-25 I never have anything to relate to them about. They have so much drama etc.

I need to try and look at it more positively I suppose since I know age wise I'm not that old.

Quoting VoodooVixen:

seems like you took life fast.  So did I. 

You are as young as you want to be.  Keep telling yourself you are old and you will feel old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 26 with a fifth kid on the way. I feel old! My back hurts, there is no care free time, its all about the kids. All my money goes towards mortgage, bills, kids....
My idea of a good time is getting a sitter so I can take a bath in peace or watch a movie. I remember bar hopping and bomb fires, two tracking, skinny dipping...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Lol that's probably true

Quoting Anonymous:

wait another 25yrs...you won't feel like that anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I know how you feel.

I love my life and love that I had kids younger I just don't like that I feel like an old granny sometimes lol

Quoting Anonymous: I'm 26 with a fifth kid on the way. I feel old! My back hurts, there is no care free time, its all about the kids. All my money goes towards mortgage, bills, kids....

My idea of a good time is getting a sitter so I can take a bath in peace or watch a movie. I remember bar hopping and bomb fires, two tracking, skinny dipping...
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Yeah I'm 25 too, and honestly do not feel young. I've been through a lot and I'm still standing, but it's aged me. And 2 out of my 3 kids are special needs and the baby has asthma.
bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM

We married and became parents at 21. I'm torn here. I didn't feel young from a maturity standpoint then but I'm 35 now, married almost 15 years and expeting our 8th child and still don't feel "old"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I understand. At 25 I had 3 kids and had been married over 5 years. Baby number 4 was a 26th birthday present. We also had bought and sold and then bought another house by age 25. I am the youngest mother in two of  my kids classes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)