Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know it's stupid but I'm kinda mad.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

So we finally got our certified marriage certificate in the mail today and it has the wrong damn date!! It says April 26, 2012 and we got married on the 28th. Dh says it's not a big deal and I'm sure he's right but for some reason it REALLY bothers me lol

Does it matter than it has the wrong date? I need to send a copy to get my name changed on my license. But I mean that's really the only thing I'll need it for.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know if it were me I would just call to inquire what it would take to get it fixed and how long it would take to send out a new & correct copy.

I don't think I could allow the wrong date on a document. It would forever linger in the back of my mind and bug the shit out of me.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I'd have them send me a new one. My ex-h and I had the wrong date on two of them! January 8, 11 and finally the 14. I should have taken it as a sign.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly! It will always bother me lol

It only took two days after mailing it out to get it so I'm sure it wouldn't take much longer. I'm definitely calling on Monday. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I don't know if it were me I would just call to inquire what it would take to get it fixed and how long it would take to send out a new & correct copy.

I don't think I could allow the wrong date on a document. It would forever linger in the back of my mind and bug the shit out of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Oh geez lol 

Did they make you pay to get the correct ones?

Quoting MichLW69: I'd have them send me a new one. My ex-h and I had the wrong date on two of them! January 8, 11 and finally the 14. I should have taken it as a sign.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I would have it fixed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Meh, not that big of a deal. DH's birth certificate has the wrong date on it. His hospital certificate says November 6th, and his mom swears it was the 6th. But, his state certificate says November 8th. Didn't discover it for a few years, when he was playing sports. Like his dad says "right year, right month, within 48 hours right, too much trouble to try and get it switched now." So, his family and I are the only ones who celebrate it on the 6th. Everyone else does it on the 8th.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Why did it take so long for you to get it? We got ours about 2 weeks after we got married and it came from another state.

steph0420
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

You had one job
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
April 26, 2012? It took you almost 2 years to get the certificate? That's crazy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting Anonymous: April 26, 2012? It took you almost 2 years to get the certificate? That's crazy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)