Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PLEASE help settle a fight!!!!!!!!! I don't even care if you tell me I'm a stupid b•••• of a wife.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 156 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I overreacting?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 323

View Results

Ugh! So today was SS's bday party. We invited about 16 people to join us at an indoor waterpark. When we were leaving, DH took a pile of SS's stuff so he could change into dry clothes in the boys locker room.

Meanwhile, I am in the girls locker room changing into my dry clothes. Keep in mind it is 30* outside, so dry clothes are imperative. While I'm changing I realize my shirt AND bra are missing.

So while I'm wrapped in a towel with my swimsuit on I am searching for my bra and shirt. I go out into the lobby (where suits are not permitted) looking for anyone... DH or SS who can help me. Ss comes out of the boys locker room and I ask him if he had anything that didn't be long to him. He had nothing else in his hands, and he said, "no, dad just gave me my stuff."

So I call DH on his cell. He's outside smoking. I ask him if maybe he left it in the locker room while he was changing. He said no. Then SS goes... "is it orange?" I said yes! Even though it was in the pile that DH handed him, He said he didn't know who's it was and instead of asking he just left it in the boys locker room! This is like a 15 minute ordeal!

So, I am upset with SS because he didn't think it was important to determine who the stuff belonged to and rather just decided to ignore that he had two items of clothing that didn't belong to him and leave them in a public locker room.

DH thinks I'm over reacting! I don't think I'm wrong to be upset! And the more DH tells me I'm overreacting the more pissed I'm getting! I told DH that I'm not mad that SS had my stuff! I'm more pissed off that he felt it was ok just to leave it knowing it belonged to someone in our family. And then when I asked him if he had anything (because I didn't want to announce to his friends that I was missing a bra!!!) he lied and said NO!

Do I have a right to be upset? Should DH talk to SS about how to treat other peoples belongings? And still, 2 hours later, SS has yet to apologize for the role he played!

I am fucking pissed! I just want DH to acknowledge that SS should have handled it differently and should take responsibility instead of acting like a spoiled little brat who just rolls his eyes and laughs at the situtation like it's nothing!

SS is 12... ETA - my TSHIRT was orange. My bra was wrapped nicely in the tshirt that was folded in the pile of clothes that DH handed to SS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Age is kinda important here.
adrianasmommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
14 moms liked this
Yes. I would imagine that a teenager simply didn't think connecting the two. While he should apologize for his momentary denseness,you are blowing it way out of proportion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Quoting anotherhalf: Age is kinda important here.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
How old is the kid?

If I were you, I'd be pissed. But I'm not you and I can look at the situation without walking around a water park half naked and looking for my stuff...it was an accident. They didn't do anything intentionally or with malicious intent. I don't necessarily think you're overreacting, but I don't necessarily think they did anything *wrong*
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
While I think your DH should talk to him about it I think you are way overreacting to the situation. Of course I would be irritated but to be "fucking pissed" is overreacting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
2 moms liked this
No, he lied and displayed blatant disreguard for someone elses belongings. He owes you an apology.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Did you get your bra back? I understand your frustration but I do think you are over reacting.

MonkeyNbug
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
How old is he
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Your overreacting. Let it go. He didn't do it intentionally. Kids don't always think and act clearly. That's why we teach them. Don't spoil a good memory with a mistake at the end.
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Maybe he didnt want his friends seeing him with a bra.

Quoting anotherhalf: Age is kinda important here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN